National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am looking for a 3" Smith & Wesson model 66 .357 Magnum. If you have one to sell or know where one is let me know.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Man, You & Me, both! I haven't seen one for sale in quite a while. If you haven't done so already, you might want to post a WTB over at http://www.smith-wessonforum.com/ . If you have the patience and the desire (oh, and the $$$!), dang near everything S&W turns up there, eventually.

Welcome to NGF, hope you look around and check the other boards out.

KYPD,

~Rick
a/k/a "The Gunrunner"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't know that Smith made a Model 66 in 3"? I have 2.5" I do not want to sell but I am curious about the 3".

Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, Smith made a few runs of the 3" flavor. They are about as hard to find as hens teeth, but they exist. The 3" is about the perfect length for concealed carry and having just the right length ejector rod.
Recently I found one on GunBroker, but I was out bid and missed the cutoff time. I'm still kicking myself in the backside :mad2:.
I'll try the S&W forum as well. Thanks Rick.

Regards,
Lar

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Do you remember what it ended up going for on GB?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
can the moderators put a permanent block on this 34 character. He is taking up band width.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
BTW. S&W makes 686 and 686+ 3". They are current catalog fare. I know the L frame is larger, but it IS still a 3".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts