National Gun Forum banner

want to get started in reloading

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  noylj 
#1 ·
So I'm new to reloading I'm going to get a progressive press because it fits my shooting habits best. Right now I'm looking at the Dillon rl550b but when I'm looking at the website they have so many different options for accessories and i just don't know where to start. What would be best reloading equipment ant must have to get started. I planning on reloading both handgun and rifle calibers but I'm not trying break bank so trying to not to get all the useless things. Also is the rl550b a good choice or should i look at something else keep in mind i shoot around 300-600 rounds a week so i really need a progressive press over the other options. Also i seen the carbide dies are they worth the extra cost if so should i just get them for rifle calibers or get them for both handgun and rifle calibers.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
thanks for the responses

ill defiantly have to check out that website larry thanks. wag i will have to take it slow but i got a week to load 600 rounds so i can do like 150 a day at a slow pace until i get the hang of the machine. bob/mo i figured id make lots of errors but ill learn. is the xl650 really worth the extra money?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.