National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey NGF,
So iv'e recently wanted to get a full auto M4, and i have no clue how to do this. I know about the $200 tax and that's about it. I want to do it by setting up a trust, is this the best way? Also, i don't want an older pre whatever year that was model, so how would i go about getting a new version? Also, isn't there some "type" of full auto that usually run upwards of $20,000? I want to avoid those. I'm looking for a new m4, ownership through a trust, and i need it to be affordable. Can this be done?

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
You can get full auto in New York ??.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,432 Posts
Also, i don't want an older pre whatever year that was model, so how would i go about getting a new version? Also, isn't there some "type" of full auto that usually run upwards of $20,000? I want to avoid those. I'm looking for a new m4, ownership through a trust, and i need it to be affordable. Can this be done?
$20,000 is a starting point. Prices go up from there.

Reactions: DPM

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
24,379 Posts
Hey NGF,
So iv'e recently wanted to get a full auto M4, and i have no clue how to do this. I know about the $200 tax and that's about it. I want to do it by setting up a trust, is this the best way? Also, i don't want an older pre whatever year that was model, so how would i go about getting a new version? Also, isn't there some "type" of full auto that usually run upwards of $20,000? I want to avoid those. I'm looking for a new m4, ownership through a trust, and i need it to be affordable. Can this be done?
You're not going to get a new one, due to the McClure-Volkmer Act; aka, the Gunowners Protection Act. Which banned the manufacture of all machine guns for civilian sales. You may get a pre-May 1986 model, at an extremely marked up price.

IMHO, machine guns have a 15-minute "cool" factor and after that, they are a waste of ammo and money. Unless you're a avid collector with deep pockets, a machine gun isn't worth the time, money and aggravation of getting one.

Reactions: DPM

·
Registered
7,253 Posts
Good luck with that and congrats on the move.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
Hey NGF,
Even a beat to crap nearly scrap but transferable full auto is going to run you in the neighborhood of 15,000. Then there is the 2000 you spend for the class three license and the 8 month wait to get it. But there is a way around all of that. There is a perfectly legal way to simulate full auto fire rate that is controllable and manageable. This device will set you back about $350. I use one and my M4 will empty a 30 round P-mag on target in about 5 seconds. With out a class 3 or a tax stamp. Have a look at Hicock45 playing with one.

Slide Fire Stock | PopScreen

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even a beat to crap nearly scrap but transferable full auto is going to run you in the neighborhood of 15,000. Then there is the 2000 you spend for the class three license and the 8 month wait to get it. But there is a way around all of that. There is a perfectly legal way to simulate full auto fire rate that is controllable and manageable. This device will set you back about $350. I use one and my M4 will empty a 30 round P-mag on target in about 5 seconds. With out a class 3 or a tax stamp. Have a look at Hicock45 playing with one.

Slide Fire Stock | PopScreen
I already have one of those on my Colt LE6940P and i love it, although i do swap it out for my normal stock once in a while.
I loved it so much i wanted to go real full auto but i'm finding it not worth it after everything.

Side note, i have a friend who put a slide fire stock on a Colt AR901-16S (.308) and that isn't as fun as you would think, as .308 "full auto" is not a good idea unless you're a bigger guy.

·
Registered
6,452 Posts
I already have one of those on my Colt LE6940P and i love it, although i do swap it out for my normal stock once in a while.
I loved it so much i wanted to go real full auto but i'm finding it not worth it after everything.

Side note, i have a friend who put a slide fire stock on a Colt AR901-16S (.308) and that isn't as fun as you would think, as .308 "full auto" is not a good idea unless you're a bigger guy.
That is why I got one. If you are a serious collector or a source for "movie guns" then it might be worth it, but for Joe average shooter... Not so much. YMMV.

I put one on a 458 SOCOM. I'll never do that again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts