1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Aim true !
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Ya know as weird as it sounds it does make some since however having someone being able to "DIAL" up the locations of all guns. Well pluses and minuses the pros and cons be nice to find my stolen guns quickly YES their location for easy pick-up and retrieval not so good that out trumps the good.....

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
They should chip the crooks like they do to pets.

·
Registered
18,219 Posts
Welcome to a more sophisticated version of Eric Holder's and Bahrock Hoosayn O'Bama's insane, career-promoting scheme they called "Fast & Furious"!

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
So how big is this device? Can it be removed, disabled or otherwise tampered with? I have seen units they put on certain things like heavy equipment and while small they certainly aren't small enough to put on a handgun and some of the ones i've seen were the size of small handguns. With that said this certainly is not to track stolen guns, it's to track the subjects of NY for future confiscation plans.

Like was said above, keep the criminals in prison and chip the ones they let out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I don’t believe it’s technically possible to do their objective. GPS Satellites are line of sight. You’d need a decent rechargeable power source on the gun.

The way gps works is it listens to the satellites...and then tells you with a low power display where you are. Think about your hand held gps. That does not allow anyone to track you.... a unique signal would have to be sent by the gun to track a gun...

Written by people who make rules and not products.... vote them out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Ya know as weird as it sounds it does make some since however having someone being able to "DIAL" up the locations of all guns. Well pluses and minuses the pros and cons be nice to find my stolen guns quickly YES their location for easy pick-up and retrieval not so good that out trumps the good.....
Don't buy into the trap of less privacy for the common good.
There are enough cameras watching out every move as it is. I do not need a GPS on my guns.
But I will tell the politicians where that can stick that GPS.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,904 Posts
I suspect the real reason is simply to drive up the price of firearms, so fewer people can afford them.

·
Registered
4,192 Posts
Makes it easier for them to come and take them away
They claim is to help in solving "crimes", the real reason is to know were you gun is so they can confiscate it when ever they want. After all, any self respecting criminal knows that any electronic piece of equipment will fail to work once the battery is removed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts