National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rented a Walther PPQ in mid size today. 9mm
It is true what they say about the trigger. It's so smooth. You'll have to learn not to short cycle it.
Accuracy very good. Good grouping.
Gun feels good in the hand.
Really nice gun.
I don't know what else to say?
I've considered the PPQ in sub compact. Interesting little gun. They have one for sale there. Wouldn't let me shoot it.

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
I like my PPX 9mm a lot.

Reactions: PrairieHunt

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
i think walther is starting to make some steel frame models.....Q4 or something like that in their duty gun......but i think it came in around 40 ounces empty......no idea on the price. They had a Q5 competition model that was around 1500 bucks......surely the duty model is cheaper than that.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still considering picking up that PPQ in sub compact?
I don't know?
On the other hand. Considered just shooting revolver. Get myself a 4 or 6 inch GP100. A six inch GP100 was my first gun. I shot it alot. It's fun at the range. Very accurate. Makes it interesting.
I really don't have much fun with semi auto's at the range. They're ok for training out in the open. Up close. Quick combat type stuff.

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
Yeah wheel guns are nice for on the range and for accuracy. But also semi-auto can be, Im getting good with .380 finally. It's a tough one to master IM0. But practice makes perfect as they say. The 1911 i can hit cans at 50 yards any day now.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
i would eventually like to re-acquire my first love......the browning hi power.....

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What caliber in the 1911?
With all due respect. I’d like to see you take out soda cans at 50 yards with one.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
i think he has a super........

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
With my 45 acp's and 10mm and 9mm's and the 38 super and my 22 colt rail guns. I was thinking about doing some videos plinking, But changed my mind because of others pushing there youtube channels. I shoot a lot so im gaining skills.

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
I checked the yardage i was shooting cans at. 39 yards with the range finder. I backed out to 50 then. Them cans are hard to see at 50! Front sight covers them. So my error.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's still impressive with a 1911.
I must confess. I'm wanting a full size revolver for 357. Stopped in at Cabelas tonight. They got a few SW's. A 686 with 7 rounds. 6 inch barrel. Really nice gun.

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
Oh man the long barrel wheel guns are sweet. They definitely reach out. My 1st was ruger SBH.

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
when it comes to long barrels i seem to gravitate to the SA function.......

·
Aim true !
11,380 Posts
I shoot my DA wheel guns in SA. My 1st handgun was the SBH. So S/A is what im used to.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think I'll ever buy a SA. I like to practice revolvers in both.
I had traded my GP100 in on a RH. Got good with it. But developed a controlled flinch. Had put a pin sight on front with V in rear. Best sights I've ever had on a gun. One night at the range. They only allowed shooting once a second. I got carried away. At 25 yards. I rapid fired my RH. Range master came running down the line. Yelling No! No! Only once a second! .... He had stopped at me. ... Then looked at the target and said: BTW Good Shooting! .... I had wiped out the black in an official 25 yard target.
Would like to get back to shooting like that again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts