National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking at getting a 9mm Walther P99. Does anyoen have one they could tell me the pros and cons they feel with it. They are asking 325, Said fired approx 50 rounds out of it. I have a Walther P22 I love it.. But know nothing on the P99... let me know what you think

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If you like your p22 you will like the p99. They are almost identical in design, exept in caliber and size, and of course internals. The mag release on the trigger guard is the same on both. I personally like it there, some don't. Slide lock, safety are the same so you should have an easy transition between guns. The price sounds good too. I don't get a chance to shoot my p99 much, but I like it. I have a buddy that only owns one semi handgun, its a p99 and he loves it, says he will never part with it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The Walther P99 is a great gun and at $325.00 for barely used, Its a great price for either a 9mm or .40 S&W. You dont find many used for sale, especially 9mm with the AS trigger. I have a 1st generation P99 .40 and it has never given me any problems. Its my regular range gun and always performs flawlessly. Its POA is right on and the ergonimics cant be beat. It has three different grip backstraps for different size hands. I changed out the orange followers in my mags to the updated blue followers. The best price I've seen on a P99 in used but in like new condition is around $400 To $425 here in Florida.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
My dad bought one for my mother six months or so ago, and she loves it.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
A friend of mine has carried his for years and it has quite a bit of use on it. No problems to report when I asked him about it. Looks like a good gun at a great price.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the P99. I also like the P99 Compact model. In both cases, I want it to be the "AS" model and not the "QA". As a combat pistol, due to it being proven over time, I'd rather have the Glock, but I like the feel and the look of the P99 better.

I do however, feel Walther is getting a bad deal being associated with S&W. They told one customer that was having problems with his PPS that he should have bought an "American made gun" instead of the Walther...And that's from the gun's importer and warranty center!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts