National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local Walmart stores are getting ammo in, just a couple boxes of each. Stopped in one yesterday to get wrapping paper and scored 4 boxes of 308 and 2 boxes of 243. Three of the 308 boxes were old stock, rounds were tarnished and the boxes weren’t even the same color. Don’t know where they dug those up from but they will work.

Though since I was next to one this morning I’d try that one. She said half hour ago the shelves were empty. There were a couple of most rifle calibers including.22. Scored another 2 boxes of each, 308, 30-30, 243. They averaged $18/box. I’d have grabbed the Creedmoor too but i figured I spent my ammo allowance so I’d better stop while I’m ahead.

·
Premium Member
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
True. I wish I had known that when I bought all my slugs. That was a long time ago though. $100 is usually my limit buying a couple boxes here and there. It’s just easier on my brain shelling out a couple small chunks at a time. After tax, those 12 boxes I bought over the last 2 days comes close to $240. That’s a down payment on a new 1911 or Creedmoor. Or could have paid for my new Axis stock. When I think about it that way it makes my head hurt.

·
Aim true !
11,301 Posts
The other day ours was picked clean. I should go look now. While everyone is digging out from the snow.

·
Registered
14,029 Posts
I was thinking of asking my local walmart if they wanted to buy some ammo from me. :LOL:

·
Aim true !
11,301 Posts
Ours did get some 100 count target shot gun in. I grabbed a box of 20 ga.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts