National Gun Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Wal-Mart in an attempt to organize a really cluttered up, messed up bunch of gun safes. I got the idea after seeing these in Cabela's for $29.95:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601048&hasJS=true

I picked up what you see here for $2.69 EACH! That's less than 10% for the exact same thing! They are vinyl coated, and won't mar any gun. It's much better, and more handy than keeping them in cases.

This is the bunch of gun cases that was left behind in my reorganization attempt.

Now I have at least got a plan. 1 down, 3 to go.

This is a really good way to take advantage of every square inch your gun safe has to offer. Bill T.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
Great idea! Nice collection of firearms there BillT

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The taller ones cost a dollar more. They work well for the larger framed guns like the Magnum Research BFR's, XP-100's, and Thompson Contenders. You can find them in the "Housewares" dept. Look for table placemats, salt & pepper shakers, pots & pans, that kind of crap. They'll be in there somewhere. Bill T.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Great Idea! Thanks for sharing. :)

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
That just makes a lot of sense. I have a nice wooden & felt one that I got yrs ago. But the guy who makes them locally now charges about $50.00 for a 6-gun rack and his quality now isn't near what it was a few yrs ago. He used to use nice wood, but now just throws some stain on cheepo plywood. Your idea leaves more money for stuff to put ON THE RACK instead of paying FOR THE RACK!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Ok "BillT" lets have pictures of the rest of the guns in the "other" gun safes? This is exciting stuff!

I wonder if those other safes are as organized?

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sig232 said:
Ok "BillT" lets have pictures of the rest of the guns in the "other" gun safes? This is exciting stuff! I wonder if those other safes are as organized?
Not really. The larger Cannon I keep mostly rifles, and a few other long guns. I'm looking into one of those rotary rifle racks that work like a giant Lazy Susan. now it's a pain in the a$$ to get to the guns in the back. I have the 2 small Stack-On's lag bolted to the wall, and put 8 bags of shot, (200 pounds), on the bottom. If they manage to get them pryed from the wall, they'll break their backs carrying them out. One of us is almost always home, so I'm not too worried. If by chance we both leave, they'll have all 95 pounds of Sam to contend with. He is getting less and less tolerant of strangers as he gets older. Bill T.

G

·
Very nice and quite a collection. I would someday hope that I will be able to accumulate a collection of that status, which would in turn force the need for the same type of arrangement. Just like in one of my other posts, Cabela's overpricing stuff.

·
Banned
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SheNine said:
Great idea!!! Did you think it up yourself, or did Melanie help?!?! ;)
She did. I showed her the ones in Cabela's, and she told me about the ones she'd seen at Wal-Mart. Bill T.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
billt said:
SheNine said:
Great idea!!! Did you think it up yourself, or did Melanie help?!?! ;)
She did. I showed her the ones in Cabela's, and she told me about the ones she'd seen at Wal-Mart. Bill T.
Makes sense to me...and leaves more money for shoes.

G

·
I'm salivating (and jealous)!

Excellent idea with the dishwasher racks. I shall definitely have to keep it in mind for my future collection.

·
Red State Rising
2,215 Posts
wow... I want your guns. :)

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Great collection Bill - very good and economical storage/organizing set up. I will keep that in mind for the future.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts