National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I signed, but didn't find my chance to put in a comment.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,659 Posts
I signed but didn't leave a comment.

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
38188 Signatures Total so far just signed

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
I wish I could sign that petition, but I am afraid! What if I get 86'd from Wal-Mart?
What will I do then? I have no friends to hang out with, and those little smiley faces just make me feel warm and fuzzy all over: :x :D :lol: :-B-: especially those last two.
Oh what to do???? Wal-Mart not selling ammo is like Target selling ammo.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
I have heard that most of the petitions are simply methods to grab names and e-mail addresses for Internet marketing companies. Don't know how to tell the difference either. Anyone have any insight as to how to know if its really a valid petition?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
You know, after I voted, I wondered about this.

I hope I didn't just accidentally register as a gun owner with Bloomberg.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Glock27Bill said:
You know, after I voted, I wondered about this.

I hope I didn't just accidentally register as a gun owner with Bloomberg.

Ha! Ha! He will be sending his "Goons" to see you about your "Straw" purchases soon! :D

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I get winchester brand target/range ammo (135 grain) at wal mart in a 100 count box for $26.88 for my .40 s&w. It goes bang at the range and no one can touch that price for new ammo from any manufacturer youv'e ever heard of. I dont like wal mart but i also dont like getting raped by the gun stores and their "knowledge". Dont get me started on those guys, allthough my local gun store is very "wal mart esque" so my opinion of gun salesmen may vary from yours. I agree with not signing internet petitions, who says its even real? Have you ever heard of that person? If so, is he even aware he's endorsing this thing?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I should have done this before signig, but now that I did, I feel OK about it.

Petitiononline.com is owned by Artifice, Inc in Eugene Oregon.

They registered the site in 1999.

Basically, anyone may go there and create a petition of any size, for any legal, non-violent issue. They are a contributions-dependant site.

This is from their website:

Petition Online is a living experiment in true online democracy. With thousands of active petitions and more than six million signatures collected, it takes some work to keep Petition Online going!
www.PetitionOnline.com provides free hosting of public petitions for responsible public advocacy. This public forum is privately sponsored, so we reserve the right to refuse submissions arbitrarily. Petitions do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of Artifice, Inc. or our sponsors. Please send us your questions, comments, and suggestions! In case of technical difficulties, please contact PetitionOnline Support using our simple Petition Help form. PetitionOnline™ is a trademark of Artifice, Inc.
Information you provide confidentially, such as a hidden email address, is automatically stored in a secure area, accessible only by Artifice technical staff, for petition administration and validation purposes only.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I signed as well & I never sign these types of things. I also love to shoot & I can buy ammo for my .40 cal for a good price at Wal-Mart. The new Wal-Mart that just opened by my house sells .40 cal CCI Blazer Brass 50 round boxes for $12.70. These types of prices allow my to shoot more often & enjoy my hobby without breaking the bank.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Signed. I think there's a better chance of Hillary getting elected than Wal-Mart banning ammo sales. Laughing out Loud!

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
deth502 said:
couldnt sign.

said my email addy wasnt "valid"
Really??

I used my Yahoo account, although some places require the email assigned by my ISP, as opposed to these free ones.

I should think that if Yahoo were valid, so would all others be.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts