National Gun Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
921 Posts
I'm still trying to talk my local range into letting my shoot at a block of ballistics gel.

Other than that, I'm tempted to staple of photo of my friends face onto a target and take him to the rifle range

G

·
I'm dull and practical.
I use el cheapo light weight paper plates and put a stick on red dot in the center. Staple it to a vertical board and fire away.
Of course I shoot on a private range.:wink:

G

·
I once got to shoot a car :)

Yeah, I know, it was stupid, shooting at a metal target (deflection and whatnot) but it was damned fun haha.

(No, no one was in the car, it was a local thing done by a junkyard and rifle range, they let you shoot up a car for a few bucks and money went to a charity)

Also, while down in Pueblo CO visiting some family, we found a pond frozen over with about 1-2 inches of ice. Uncle got out the shotgun, and the buckshot didn't do much except chip the ice. He loaded it with a deer slug, like it was shot in slow motion the slug punched a small hole in the ice, and the 'recoil' from the water blew a hole in the ice about 2 feet wide, like it had a grenade thrown under it. While not really a 'wacky' target, it was still the coolest thing I've ever shot haha.

G

·
At Northeastshooters, we hold an annual car shoot and an annual pumpkin shoot. I have shot at both before but thus far have been unable to attend an organized event yet. The pix are a "blast" though.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Spent propane cylinders with 5.56mm tracers just to prove they wouldn't ignite. A few 40mm HE grenades with standard issue rounds (5.56mm), just to prove they would ignite. All at 100 yds.

G

·
blew up a bunch of old toilets at a junkyard w/ a12ga and "00" buck.was actually pretty neat. oh the joy/ignorance of youth.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts

Odd, yet a great training tool and a hell of a lot of fun.

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
Tortillas for skeet.

This way the eco-weenies can't complain. Tortillas are bio-degradable.

·
Banned
921 Posts
I'm dull and practical.
I use el cheapo light weight paper plates and put a stick on red dot in the center. Staple it to a vertical board and fire away.
Of course I shoot on a private range.:wink:

You know that brings something to mind
The Range I was at stopped a man from putting up Paper Plates saying he had to use paper targets. Paper Plate not paper?.

G

·
I was shooting at a CD the other day when I went shooting lol.. I shot the CD with the 410 and it exploded into a million tiny pieces lol..

G

·
Where to start.

Eggs
Charcoal Briquettes
Watermellon
Cantalope
Apples
Potato(e)s
Water filled paint cans, milk jugs etc.
Whatever is at the dump behind the abandoned water plant at the Weldon Springs Nuclear facility

·
Banned
818 Posts
I was shooting at a CD the other day when I went shooting lol.. I shot the CD with the 410 and it exploded into a million tiny pieces lol..

That reminds me of a fun game my friends and I came up with once while bored. What we did was get a CD and then mount it on something to keep it in place and we then would try and shoot right through the hole in the center. If we missed then the CD would shatter. Of course you can only do this with .22 caliber and smaller. Still was fun though.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
There was a time when I lived in South Florida that my neighbor and I used to get a kick out of skipping 44 mag bullets down the canals. This was way out in the glades before it was populated.

Got them to skip about three times before they would plop into the water.

Talk about stupid moves. But I was young and into the thrills.

·
Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
There was a time when I lived in South Florida that my neighbor and I used to get a kick out of skipping 44 mag bullets down the canals. This was way out in the glades before it was populated.

Got them to skip about three times before they would plop into the water.

Talk about stupid moves. But I was young and into the thrills.
We used to do that with .22lr at the lake.

The lake where I grew up comprised of like 12k acre of water and woods. we would try to skip em acrost the lake and hit the wooden signs on the other side.

Yeah we were stupid back then.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.