National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to move further away from this gun shop, lol. I put this gem on layaway this afternoon. I have been waiting for one to come through the shop since I bought my VR60. The VR80 is actually built on an AR platform, aluminum frame and handguard vs. the polymer the VR60 is made of. Don’t get me wrong, I love the VR60 but this VR80 is so sweet. Got it in dark green. They had 2, brother grabbed the other one.

96459A67-5C1C-4C85-928D-B22A3AA02FBD.jpeg

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
You guys will be rockin them rocks. :cornut: RIA customer service is outstanding too. If you need repairs.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’d have bought them both but I just bought 4 pumps and that TAC14. Couldn’t swing it and they weren’t going to stick around long. Put the other on hold until my brother could get there.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok, so I love the format / look of this shotgun so much I decided to track another one down and get 2. Since I’m not moving forward with the Tac14, it freed up some cash. Of course, that meant my brother had to have 2 as well, haha. He said he had just talked himself out of it when I told him I grabbed a second one. We spent an hour on the phone tracking down a 4th matching VR80. Between the 4 of these and the 2 VR60’s should make for an interesting video.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also wanted to mention that they come with 1 mag plug for the 5rd mags so you can take this hunting with the 2+1 round cap.

·
Registered
359 Posts
One of the local shops here has a couple of those. I've been eyeing a Rock Island pump 12ga myself.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I also wanted to mention that they come with 1 mag plug for the 5rd mags so you can take this hunting with the 2+1 round cap.
5 rounds for hunting here, we can use 30 round mags, as long as we only load 5 (4+1, to be precise)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Ah, yeah, there a reason I only spent 6 months living in Illinois. I lived in Oak Lawn, so I had the extra limitations of Cook County to contend with. Vermont is marginally better.

Reactions: Philmo11

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This thing is pretty sweet, I gotta have one for each. They make a clamp on for the VR60 too. It’s a tad smaller.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I’ll get to pay two of them off tomorrow. I’ve got 3 on layaway now. We started with only 2, brother and I each got one. Then I called found one at the shop I used to buy from, so I snagged that one. The next day, we called around to 7 stores and found my brother a second one. The next day after that, I tagged along when he went in to pay off his first, and the original store we started at got another one in, so I snagged that one too.

The reason I did it was that the stores are in the same chain, only 1 store can be processing a transfer at a time. So to buy from 2 stores, I have to pay them both off, start the paperwork at one store, wait 3 days, pick it up, drive to the other store and start the paperwork there, wait 3 more days, then go pick that one up. My brother is in that mess right now, both paid for but transfer paperwork is only started on the one gun. It automatically denied his second paperwork as duplicate. If they are both in the same store, it’s one form and I take them both home in 3 days, not 6.

At this point, I think I’m going to keep the 3rd on layaway until I decide if I want a 3rd one. I have 2 months to work that out. Do I need a 3rd? No, I have a VR60 already. Would it be nice? Sure. Can I swing it? We’ll see. My bonus was $2k more than expected but 3? I wouldn’t hesitate on a 3rd $300 gun but a 3rd $600 gun, eh. Might see if I can get a good price out of the VR60, but I’m not sold on that either.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Decent video...I kinda like it. :smile5:
It is pretty sweet and I’ve waited a long time to fondle one. IDK if I can part with my VR60. It may be polymer but I still really like the look and feel of it too. I’ll probably put the factory sights back on it. I may just have to tighten my belt and keep them all. I’ll know more on Monday after I’ve shot the new VR80s.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well the first 2 are paid for. Pick those up Monday. Advanced Tactical was sold out of the new style long muzzle brakes yesterday but had 3 in stock today, so we bought those as well. 3 day shipping on those so probably Wednesday or Thursday before we see the brakes.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thought my nephew was actually recording. Apparently, he was snap chatting (hence the poor quality), smh. This was the second shot. He didn’t get his phone out quick enough for the first shot. Note to self, replace the damn ambidextrous safety if you intend to use are a pistol. It ripped the skin off the side of my finger, both times. This was one of my brother’s VR80s. Get mine tomorrow. Video is one handed shooting 1oz 12ga slugs from the VR80 at 1600fps.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to our communist Democraps, doesn’t look like I’m picking mine up today. State police still haven’t cleared me. It’s not like I have been cleared 35 times in the past 12 months or anything...

·
Aim true !
10,073 Posts
Does your state frown upon volume buying?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the Communist Party had their way, single shot .22 would be the only gun you could buy. I’ve been delayed all 35 times.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts