National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to give you all a heads up that Volquartsen Closeouts on Ebay has complete Mark lV bolts for sale at $35 each and $28 if you buy 4 or more with free shipping. These have tapered ears like the old two piece bolts and will work on your Mark ll without any alterations. They are as I said, complete with recoil spring, extractor and firing pins with all springs included. Just the parts would set you back around $50 without the bolt. I like the tapered ears "cause they don't bite.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Complete-Ru...w/224084586786

·
Live Free
2,801 Posts
I was interested until I looked at the site...looks like Ruger bolts, not Volquartsen by the way it read...of course I could be wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are Ruger Bolts. They use Ruger frames for their builds and these are parts they replace. I bought them to upgrade my Mark ll's to the lower profile "ears" on the Mark lV bolts. The plus is they come complete so they are a simple trade out to install.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Volquartsen quite often will have some surprising stuff in their "Closeout Bin". I bought two Ruger Mark IV uppers 5½ inch bull barrel, blued, for $25.00 each and $15.00 shipping when they had those in stock. Both are unfired:

Right now, they have these same uppers, with sights and a Ruger hard case, for $40.00 and $15.00 shipping. I have one of those on the way.
I tried both of the uppers I received on my Ruger Mark IV Competition Target grip frame and they both fit "like a ducks foot in mud" :

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
They are Ruger Bolts. They use Ruger frames for their builds and these are parts they replace. I bought them to upgrade my Mark ll's to the lower profile "ears" on the Mark lV bolts. The plus is they come complete so they are a simple trade out to install.
Sir, on your Ruger Mark II bolt, is by any chance stainless steel? If so, would you take a look at that bolt and see if it looks like this one:

Ruger, for a spate of time, used two-piece bolts in the Ruger Mark II stainless steel pistols. In some cases, these bolts would separate during firing and wind up looking like this one:

The issue can be prevented if one so desires.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only replaced the bolts on my blued Mark ll's, however, I do have one stainless Standard 6" with the two piece bolt. I don't anticipate ever having problems with it since I rarely fire it.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
I only replaced the bolts on my blued Mark ll's, however, I do have one stainless Standard 6" with the two piece bolt. I don't anticipate ever having problems with it since I rarely fire it.
GREAT! Let's hope you stay lucky and the separation issue never befalls your pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts