National Gun Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We actually have a nice WalMart store over on 82nd ave in Portland. Clean, well organized and the crowd was decent.

Bullets are kept locked up and the 100 round boxes of 9mm were $15+. Less than $8 per box which is pretty good around these parts. I was getting 9mm on sale for $6.50 per box but those days are gone forever since all the price increases have hit.

Bought a cheap BSA scope for my old Browning 22. Less than $20 so I suppose it won't last for long.

Ammo pricing on the rifle ammo seemed very reasonable also. Stock up before Congress starts the squeeze on firearm products.

I am not a WalMart shopper but have been in that store three times in the last month. Do you shop at your local WalMart?

G

·
I am stocking up on ammo. Everytime I can get a good deal I buy a ton. Today I bought 500 rounds of CCI stingers and 200 rounds of 9mm at Walmart.

Off to the range now, so catch you guys later.

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Let me tell you, being in North Carolina, the sights and sounds at our local Walmart are not pretty :eek: and I avoid it as much as possible. I have also had my car scratched in the parking lot on two occasions. Once parked way down at the bottom of the lot, and the second time next to an island. I LOATHE the Walmart.................

That being said however, I do brave the eyesores in hubby's truck to buy ammo, and ONLY for ammo!!!! ;)

G

·
I shop at walmart very regularly (usually 2 times a week). But here in my little town of only 8000 people it is about the only thing we have to get most everything.

We do have 2 bi-lo grocery stores that I also use quite often, but the are quite a bit more expencive than walmart.

If I want to shop at other stores I really have to go to Charlotte which is about 25 miles away.

G

·
Same as git_r_done,
Our town has about 8,000, WalMart is the only game in town unless I gride 90 miles to Bass Pro Shop. The last visit there I hit the jackpot, 9mm 50 round ball ammo on sale for $4.99 box. I bought all 20 boxes left. Bargains like that are fewer and further apart.
I bought 1,000 Lake City green tips on AmmoMan last year for $249. He's been out ever since. Bought another 1,000 rounds on a gun auction, this time at $329 + $25 shipping. Cheaper Than Dirt ain't so cheap anymore.

G

·
SheNine said:
Let me tell you, being in North Carolina, the sights and sounds at our local Walmart are not pretty :eek: and I avoid it as much as possible. I have also had my car scratched in the parking lot on two occasions. Once parked way down at the bottom of the lot, and the second time next to an island. I LOATHE the Walmart.................

That being said however, I do brave the eyesores in hubby's truck to buy ammo, and ONLY for ammo!!!! ;)
The ones by me are fine. I basically only head there for ammo though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I mostly just buy my ammo, beer and oil there.

·
Registered
138 Posts
We buy almost all our target ammo at Wal Mart. They have the best price on Blazer Brass. If you talk to the Sporting Goods manager, they might even order case lots. They did for me.

G

·
standerson said:
We buy almost all our targe ammo at Wal Mart. They have the best price on Blazer Brass. If you talk to the Sporting Goods manager, they might even order case lots. They did for me.
I need to do that next time I am in there and see if it works for me.

G

·
The Wally World here in Parker CO has discontinued all gun and ammo sales. I haven't been to any of the rest in the greater metro Denver area, but assume they all have. It's getting so bad around here that there are only a few places that will sell reloading supplies. Even almost all pawn shops don't handle guns anymore. Gawd I mis the good old days.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
danrifle said:
The Wally World here in Parker CO has discontinued all gun and ammo sales. I haven't been to any of the rest in the greater metro Denver area, but assume they all have. It's getting so bad around here that there are only a few places that will sell reloading supplies. Even almost all pawn shops don't handle guns anymore. Gawd I miss the good old days.

I see that here too! I suspect that the BATF is making is so difficult for people to sell guns and supplies that they are opting out of the business. Harassment works and people won't deal with it for long they will just close down the gun counters. I don't think its for lack of business.

The box stores are very vulnerable since to keep people on staff that understand the forms and how to check the NICS properly is expensive. Its too easy for untrained individuals to make a mistake and get the company into trouble. If the fines and penalties for not keeping the pencil mark within the square is too high they drop gun sales. I think it may be a planned incremental movement to cut the number of outlets down to a level that can be monitored very close and closed completely when the time comes.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Glock and Load said:
standerson said:
We buy almost all our targe ammo at Wal Mart. They have the best price on Blazer Brass. If you talk to the Sporting Goods manager, they might even order case lots. They did for me.
I need to do that next time I am in there and see if it works for me.
If you do, make sure a price is agreed on. I ordered mine and it came in after a price increase. She tried to charge me the new price but we came to an understanding.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts