National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,927 Posts
Virginia increasing corrections budget anticipating jailing gun-owners

Thomas Lifson
December 28, 2019

Virginia's Governor Ralph Northam and the Legislature's Democrat majority are anticipating resistance to the gun control measures they are planning, including a ban on "assault weapons" and certain magazines. The legislative majorities and enthusiasm for gun-grabbing are the result of the northern D.C. suburbs' population growth and are being resisted by the non-urban parts of state, leading to a proliferation of gun sanctuary counties.

Latest sanctuary map with Fauquier and Charles City counties.

Now the Second Amendment–haters seem to be anticipating push coming to shove. The NRA's Institute for Legal Action writes in the Daily Caller:

As if Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam's wholesale attack on law-abiding gun owners wasn't enough, the disgraced public official and his Michael Bloomberg-bought allies in the General Assembly now want the state's hard-working taxpayers to foot the bill for their unconstitutional schemes. The budget bill (HB30) includes an appropriation of a quarter million dollars to carry out a host of gun control measures that Northam and his anti-gun allies hope to enact.

The $250,000 is appropriated to the Corrections Special Reserve Fund in order to provide for the "increase in the operating cost of adult correctional facilities resulting from the enactment" of Northam's gun control measures. Among the enumerated laws that this allocation is meant to fund is a ban on commonly-owned semi-automatic firearms, the criminalization of private firearms transfers, and gun confiscation orders issued without due process.​

They are planning to throw those resisting their assault on constitutional rights in jail. They're going to need a lot more than a quarter-million bucks.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/12/virginia_increasing_corrections_budget_anticipating_jailing_gun_owners.html

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Let me get this clear, the DemocRATS wants to pass laws to let go criminals under they reasoning that "that robbing a store is a "minor" offense", but want to incarcerate law abiding citizens for having something that, at the time of purchase was completely legal and that they paid the full price for.

Somethings not right in here, Do I am living in the USA or Cuba? When the USA became part of the Soviet Union?

·
Premium Member
5,897 Posts
It’s not Cuba or even the Soviet Union, it’s Nazi Germany. Watch that video and the more that pop up everyday as we get closer to forcible confiscation or forcible removal from office. There’s talk of recalling these tyrants from office.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
Let me get this clear, the DemocRATS wants to pass laws to let go criminals under they reasoning that "that robbing a store is a "minor" offense", but want to incarcerate law abiding citizens for having something that, at the time of purchase was completely legal and that they paid the full price for.

Somethings not right in here, Do I am living in the USA or Cuba? When the USA became part of the Soviet Union?
I live in Texas. So far we don't have any of this Commie Crap going on here. But, there's plenty of weirdos up in Austin that think we should. What they really haven't realized though is that, This Ain't Virginia! Or New York, or California...

Alan

Reactions: Wag

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I live in Texas. So far we don't have any of this Commie Crap going on here. But, there's plenty of weirdos up in Austin that think we should. What they really haven't realized though is that, This Ain't Virginia! Or New York, or California...

Alan
Yes, but you are getting an influx of "snowflakes" and other lefty influence escaping from the very high taxes in Commiefornia that could turn the Great State of Texas blue. If that were to happens, then Virginia style gun confiscation could become a reality.

·
Super Moderator
14,226 Posts
Yes, but you are getting an influx of "snowflakes" and other lefty influence escaping from the very high taxes in Commiefornia that could turn the Great State of Texas blue. If that were to happens, then Virginia style gun confiscation could become a reality.
We have a saying around Goliad area, "Come and take it" which addressed this issue some 184 years ago. Still holds true today.

Alan

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
If the gov wants them, they will get them. What are you going to do but vote?

·
Banned
8,370 Posts

Alan
You left out the antigun folks in Harris County (Houston)

Reactions: Wag

·
Super Moderator
11,345 Posts
If they can pull this off in Virginia, then many more states will follow.
By the same token, if the gun owners rise up and stop it, it will be a long time before other states try it.

--Wag--

Reactions: friendof2nd

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Texas Liberals in Austin, DFW, Houston and San Antonio are the "new resistance" that will test Texans will to support their 2nd Amendment Right.

·
Registered
131 Posts
they can pass all the laws they want.they also have to find the personel to enforce those laws.
i dont think from what i see there are very many police officers are willing to put their neck in the line for that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts