National Gun Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,347 Posts
I have a feeling Virginia will have a shortage of tar, feathers and rails in 2020.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,985 Posts
"There are certain periods when human patience can no longer endure indignity and oppression. The spark of liberty then kindles into a flame..."

—In a letter from Samuel Adams to his cousin John Adams, dated October 4, 1790

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Next the state will probably try to de-fund the county in some way. I'm surprised with all this going on there has been no talk of impeaching the governor or recalling some of the other politicians.

·
Jesus Saves
7,846 Posts
I believe these counties need to be very careful. The enthusiasm to support the rights could backfire.

The "county" is setting aside funds to support a militia that could trigger a backlash of lawsuits against the pro-gunners. The lawsuit can now claim that the term "militia"has now been redefined as such NOT meant in the constitution. All of a sudden we'll see that the private citizen is not considered a "militia" and have it based on the fact the county (government) is funding what a true militia is. The left will twist this to maintain that NO private citizen can own guns unless they belong to a government funded militia.

Can you see where may go?

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I believe these counties need to be very careful. The enthusiasm to support the rights could backfire.

The "county" is setting aside funds to support a militia that could trigger a backlash of lawsuits against the pro-gunners. The lawsuit can now claim that the term "militia"has now been redefined as such NOT meant in the constitution. All of a sudden we'll see that the private citizen is not considered a "militia" and have it based on the fact the county (government) is funding what a true militia is. The left will twist this to maintain that NO private citizen can own guns unless they belong to a government funded militia.

I see your point but many already believe this being the word militia is used in 2A. Doesn't matter to them there is a comma between the two statements in 2A and that the word people is used as well. Or the fact the supreme court has already ruled on this.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
This attack on the people by their politicians is EXACTLY why there is a 2nd amendment. This is the second amendment, not the 27 th. right behind free speech and even ahead of so many more that were so important. The higher levels of the Federal Government are going to have to step in. Unfortunately, the Feds are a bit busy at the moment. I’d like to see this come up at a Trump rally. Virginia gun owners need to bring this to the forefront. This is so much bigger than Virginia. It’s all of us. F they can do it in Virginia, they will do it everywhere.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Unfortunately we have to wait for the Democraps to lose control of the House before any real gun legislation can occur. I don’t believe any state should be making **** up as they go along. 2A rights were granted as a right at the federal level. Should be established at the federal level. Illinois, California, New York, New Jersey have all demonstrated they can’t handle that responsibility. “Shall not Be Infringed” means nothing to these asshats. Congress needs to pass a law establishing governance over rights afforded by the Bill of Rights. The Supreme Court needs to remove the tampon and strike down all restrictive laws by state and local governments because they are all unconstitutional by definition. None of this is necessary. It takes a constitutional amendment to legally “infringe” on that right. All these ridiculous laws are an attempt to ignore the language in the Constitution and impose restrictions anyway, and we let them do it.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
This fight is going to take a lot of money. Bloomberg's millions poured into this state to start this crap.
The Virginia Citizens Defense League (VCDL) appears to be at the forefront of this battle.
I urge everyone to contribute to their defense. Check out their website.
I live in Texas but sent them a check yesterday, all of us are in a fight for our basic freedoms.
VCDL
P.O.Box 513
Newington, VA 22122

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
22,347 Posts
there will be more FBI plants in these militias then regular guys. big mistake to join a militia
That sounds like something an FBI plant would say.

·
Super Moderator
11,364 Posts
^^^ Kinda like Molon Labe.

--Wag--

·
Registered
573 Posts

It has always been the intent of the Constitution that each State would fund the Officers and staff but that all militia members are to bring their own arms and gear. It has been confirmed thru the Heller case that ARMS are a man's birth right and not dependent on the State or participation in the militia. . ALL the State is to do is FUND and TRAIN (i.e. REGULATE) the Citizens in their roll as the militia. The Constitution is not "redefined" thru lawsuits. Just what do you think Heller etc. did?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts