National Gun Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Neil. I have two of my grandfathers old guns. The shotgun is a 1958 Browning 12 light. The gun is in mint condition and has never been fired. It is still in its original plastic and bronzing on it. It has a Browning box but for a sweet six teen so it's not the right box for the gun. I took the gun to get appraised from a local gun shop in fuquay NC. The owner appraised the gun at $2,000 then offered me that amount right away. I feel that he appraised the gun to his advantage to try to purchase it.

My grandfather also had a Sako 22-250 this rifle is in mint condition. The only thing is that the bolt is missing. I was told that I will have to order one from Sako and have it fitted. Ill attach pictures to the thread so that you can see what guns I have.

I'm really looking to find the best way to sell the guns. They really have a lot of sentimental value but my wife and I need to use the money to help with a down payment for a house.

Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory
Gun Firearm Trigger Shotgun Gun accessory
Gun Rifle Shotgun Wood Air gun
Red Textile Room Wood Car
Gig bag Red Musical instrument accessory Musical instrument Scabbard

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
A reputable gun dealer should give you blue book minus 30%. You might do better on gunbroker, but then again you might not. It is worth exactly what someone will give you for it, and not a penny more, at least money-wise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.