National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is Neil. I have two of my grandfathers old guns. The shotgun is a 1958 Browning 12 light. The gun is in mint condition and has never been fired. It is still in its original plastic and bronzing on it. It has a Browning box but for a sweet six teen so it's not the right box for the gun. I took the gun to get appraised from a local gun shop in fuquay NC. The owner appraised the gun at $2,000 then offered me that amount right away. I feel that he appraised the gun to his advantage to try to purchase it.

My grandfather also had a Sako 22-250 this rifle is in mint condition. The only thing is that the bolt is missing. I was told that I will have to order one from Sako and have it fitted. Ill attach pictures to the thread so that you can see what guns I have.

I'm really looking to find the best way to sell the guns. They really have a lot of sentimental value but my wife and I need to use the money to help with a down payment for a house.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
A reputable gun dealer should give you blue book minus 30%. You might do better on gunbroker, but then again you might not. It is worth exactly what someone will give you for it, and not a penny more, at least money-wise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts