National Gun Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this, this morning! :eek: :shock: :eek:

(For a bigger photo - double click on picture .... and tell me if it worked, please.)

Most awesome birthday...9 pistols!!!
It's my birthday today and grandma came over with a big box full of gun stuff for me. 9 pistols and about 3 sets of grips for each one. They were grandpas. He was an avid shooter but I was always told that his guns were stolen long ago. Anyways the deal is that I only get to pick one. Here's a pic. From top left down we have...
S&W 24-3 in 44 special
S&W ??? in 22lr
Ruger Mk1
??? only thing I can read on it is "Patent Sept 14th 1858 (It's a The revolver without the grips is a BP 1858 Remington New Army, used by both sides in the Civil War and for cartridge conversions later on.)
Colt 1911 marked US Property with lots of work done on it
Now, top right down
A.H. Tompkins thats all I know about it
Charter Bulldog in 44spl
S&W 38sp no model number on it
S&W 1917 marked US Property

... So, which one would YOU pick, Bippy!?

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
S&W 1917 marked US Property or the 1911 both because of the collector and the historic value. The Remington may also be a good choice, but I would have to have it authenticated first.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Hummmmmmmmmm...............S&W 44 special, huh? Not a triple lock, is it?

The 1911 might not be worth a lot if it has extensive work done on it! That raises some questions.
Take a close look at the older of the pistols and determine value before jumping on anything!

Good luck with your choice. :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes the doubleclick worked. If you don't go with the 1911, I will never speak to you again !

" Aim low boys, they'er ridin Shetlands. "

Ward Tood

·
Registered
213 Posts
Colt 1911... but you should try doing a puppy dog face with a pouty lip at grandma and she might just give it all to you ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts