National Gun Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
I’m not from Vermont. It’s about a 5 hour drive for me but I’m willing to go up there and help with the interview and skills testing. We wouldn’t want to have anything less than professional, skilled and ambassadors of the north. This may be a very time consuming and laborious job and I’m not as young as I once was but I’ll make sure that everybody gets their money’s worth. It’s my civic duty.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I’m not from Vermont. It’s about a 5 hour drive for me but I’m willing to go up there and help with the interview and skills testing. We wouldn’t want to have anything less than professional, skilled and ambassadors of the north. This may be a very time consuming and laborious job and I’m not as young as I once was but I’ll make sure that everybody gets their money’s worth. It’s my civic duty.

I can be there in 30 minutes or so depending on the ferry wait.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
305 Posts
It may be worth noting that the current move is to decriminalize prostitution, not legalize it. Whether or not decriminalization is meant as a stepping stone to legalization is to be seen. I also would like to point out that we're talking about legalizing prostitution in a state that doesn't even have any strip clubs. It won't likely change much, but a worthwhile discussion nonetheless.

·
Registered
672 Posts
As many FREE women as there is out there, why pay?

One of the bill’s sponsors, Rep. Selene Colburn who is a Burlington Progressive, said she believed decriminalizing so-called “sex work” would offer prostitutes more safety and improve their health.

Colburn also stated that if prostitution were not considered illegal in the state, charges would not be brought against the sex worker or the buyer, the VTDigger reported.

“By driving sex work underground, we’re creating much more dangerous conditions for sex workers. They should feel like they have the protection of police if they need it,” she stated.

Maybe she doesn't want to get caught for selling or giving away what most get for free. She might be one of those 2 baggers, just in case one falls off. Why should criminals get police protection? Why even make laws for society even when you don't enforce them? Who are these dimwits?

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
It may be worth noting that the current move is to decriminalize prostitution, not legalize it. Whether or not decriminalization is meant as a stepping stone to legalization is to be seen. I also would like to point out that we're talking about legalizing prostitution in a state that doesn't even have any strip clubs. It won't likely change much, but a worthwhile discussion nonetheless.

I see you live in VT but i also just live across the pond from there. I hear about prostitution over there in the news and like illegal guns and shootings it mostly seems to be deeply linked to the opioid problem over there(and everywhere else).

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
Why should criminals get police protection?
Be careful of branding those 'guilty' of victimless crimes as 'criminals' when, at the root of it, its the 'law' that creats 'criminals'... and victims.

Once upon a time, and not so long ago, interracial marriage was illegal in large parts of this country.

The same goes for interracial education.

Marijuana use remains illegal in large parts of this country.

Firearms are on the way to becoming illegal in parts of this country.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Ziggidy - let me boil it down to a nutshell - make prostitution legal for sex workers (male or female) who are at a MINIMUM 18 years of age; only allowed in brothels away from schools, churches, etc., mandatory condom use, mandatory weekly med checks, no drugs allowed, decent business license fees to help those communities.......................

Since you are not going to stop this business transaction, get the underage kids, pimps, runaways, and drugs out of the equation. The only ones participating are those doing so of their own free will, not ones forced to because of being a runaway hooked on drugs or some illegal smuggled as human trafficking.

The folks who want to participate can do so without fear of BS prosecution, without getting diseases, without any other Victorian/Puritanical stigmas attached.

Reactions: Wag

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
“As many FREE women as there is out there, why pay”

You don’t pay a hooker for sex, you pay them to leave after the sex. Any guy can get a women into bed with him but the baggage that comes with that can be awful.

·
Registered
18,325 Posts
Into 10 pages of posts and it's beginning to look like you guys are fixated with prostitutes and matters of "illicit sex". And some are trying to pass themselves off as "real experts".

81 - 94 of 94 Posts