National Gun Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Does that same concept work for coke and heroin dealers?
No, because a contract requires two parties of sound mind and a junkie does not possess that; same for someone who is drunk

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
Religion made sex dirty. God gave us these parts, so "he" didn't think they were dirty. Religion wants us to be ashamed of our own bodies. How stupid is that? Not like we have any choice.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
It’s ok to treat a woman as a sex object and not respect her as long as she’s some minority or something like that. Just kidding. Movies sell women’s bodies all the time for better ratings and shock value. Women show their sexiness for personal gain all the time. If they want to get some cash for showing a guy a good time and they have the option to say no, then it’s a free country, do what you want.

·
Jesus Saves
7,699 Posts
I didn't call you anything; as Wag mentioned, there is no exploitation when there are two parties agreeing on a transaction. How is that really any different than taking a woman to dinner and a club, paying for it all, and then getting some sex in exchange later that evening?

I won't even get into a discussion about God, organized religion or similar, since man created God in his own image..........
Sorry, I did not mean "you" called me anything....it was just a general expression.

When one denies God, then morality is open to interpretation based on feelings, opinions and such. How can a person who denies God claim specific rights; inalienable rights....and where do they come from? I often hear that gun ownership is a God given right; even from those who deny God.

Anyway....I did not mean to steal the thread and ruin some ideas of future fun in Vermont. Some of us, although a interested in the temptation, will stand for the opposition to such...for many reasons.

Stay warm, drive carefully.

·
Jesus Saves
7,699 Posts
When there is a free exchange of compensation for services rendered, there is no exploitation when both are willing participants. In that scenario, it's not even a question of morality; morality doesn't even play into any of the equations.

There is a misconception that sex requires love and monogamy and that simply isn't true. Putting sex into a monogamous loving relationship is a choice and a commitment most often tied to marriage and child-rearing. I happen to agree with that belief, for the most part. But as far as prostitution is concerned, legal exchanges of money for sex are not problematic. It's merely a transaction.

Plenty of other elements related to the discussion of how sex relates to relationships but as long as there is consent on all sides, where is the problem? And no, "it's just wrong," is no answer.

--Wag--
We'll just have to agree to disagree on this topic.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Sorry, I did not mean "you" called me anything....it was just a general expression.

When one denies God, then morality is open to interpretation based on feelings, opinions and such. How can a person who denies God claim specific rights; inalienable rights....and where do they come from? I often hear that gun ownership is a God given right; even from those who deny God.

Anyway....I did not mean to steal the thread and ruin some ideas of future fun in Vermont. Some of us, although a interested in the temptation, will stand for the opposition to such...for many reasons.

Stay warm, drive carefully.

Let's get something straight - I have nothing against folks who hold certain religious beliefs - no matter the religion, the creed, etc. What I have an issue with is with those folks who thinks only THEIR religion and THEIR view is the only correct one - THAT crap is purely man-made........God, religious beliefs, etc., are a personal thing and between you and your maker/God...................and that is fine. One does not need organized religion to be religious, one does not need a "church/temple" to hold religious beliefs in a Greater Power or Mother Nature or similar........
Your beliefs lie in Christianity, that's fine..........but there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of versions of that...........so which one is right? Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Mormon and on and on? And that doesn't include the Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Shintus, Buddhists, Mayans, Incans, and a hundred others..........

So WHOSE version of God is right?

And BTW, I was raised as a Dutch Reformed in a church that was built and founded in the US in 1654

Reactions: Wag

·
Jesus Saves
7,699 Posts
Let's get something straight - I have nothing against folks who hold certain religious beliefs - no matter the religion, the creed, etc. What I have an issue with is with those folks who thinks only THEIR religion and THEIR view is the only correct one - THAT crap is purely man-made........God, religious beliefs, etc., are a personal thing and between you and your maker/God...................and that is fine. One does not need organized religion to be religious, one does not need a "church/temple" to hold religious beliefs in a Greater Power or Mother Nature or similar........
Your beliefs lie in Christianity, that's fine..........but there are dozens, maybe hundreds, of versions of that...........so which one is right? Methodist, Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, Episcopal, Mormon and on and on? And that doesn't include the Catholics, Jews, Hindus, Shintus, Buddhists, Mayans, Incans, and a hundred others..........

And BTW, I was raised as a Dutch Reformed in a church that was built and founded in the US in 1654
Chill out and stop taking the posts personally, I never attacked you or what you believe or stand for. Just because I stated my God speaks out against that lifestyle does not mean its a personal attack on you or anyone else; thus stop your attack on religion. You made your point before and no one has challenged your right to your belief so stop ridiculing the belief of others.

Re-read the thread, my first reply never mentioned my faith because I knew some would take it the wrong way and start a little tantrum......I was right.

Which God is right? Of course, the one I have faith in....God of gods and King of kings. Have a blessed day. Stay warm and keep dry.

·
Premium Member
5,350 Posts
Oh here we go! The dang Dutch Reformed again! Everyone knows the Reformed Dutch are the only ones God is going to let into heaven.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Oh here we go! The dang Dutch Reformed again! Everyone knows the Reformed Dutch are the only ones God is going to let into heaven.
Not if I'm any example.............:yikes1::cornut:

·
Super Moderator
11,072 Posts
I'm actually liking where this thread is going. Still civil and in spite of a little tension, not overbearing.

Does that same concept work for coke and heroin dealers?
No. Selling to junkies is exploitation. For that matter, using a woman for prostitution because she's a junkie is also exploitation.

I like to express it as a "natural right." The result is essentially the same and it has a greater appeal to any godless liberals. :wink:

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this topic.
More than likely..... My thought is always to try to understand others. That process ends when someone withdraws. And that's okay too. I grew up in a cult religion and I have a pretty good grasp of how that goes from an "inside" perspective. Nevertheless, there is always more understanding and learning to be had.

Chill out and stop taking the posts personally, I never attacked you or what you believe or stand for. Just because I stated my God speaks out against that lifestyle does not mean its a personal attack on you or anyone else; thus stop your attack on religion. You made your point before and no one has challenged your right to your belief so stop ridiculing the belief of others.

Re-read the thread, my first reply never mentioned my faith because I knew some would take it the wrong way and start a little tantrum......I was right.
I didn't read his response as him taking it personally. Maybe I'll go back and read it again, just for clarity.

Which God is right? Of course, the one I have faith in....God of gods and King of kings. Have a blessed day. Stay warm and keep dry.
My beliefs are only slightly different than yours. As an atheist, I merely believe in one less god/religion than you do!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

That said, though, the decision to not believe in god/religion is not too different than deciding to believe.

--Wag--

·
Registered
2,724 Posts

This is the thing that has always bothered me. many are similar and actually use the same god with just some different version, some slight and some extreme. Most of those probably all morphed from one and changed numerous times over the centuries. But what about ones like they had in Egypt, the greeks and romans where they had numerous gods? You have old religions no longer practiced and newer ones the Scientology that i believe worship aliens(space, not illegal). there are over 4000 different religions and pretty much all my life i wondered which is right or are any of them right? We'll probably never know but maybe if we're lucky we find out later on.

·
Registered
13,181 Posts
And every religion seems to say "Believe in Me" or else. And not to start a firestorm, but why did God give that desert to the Jews and be damned everyone else? Doesn't make any sense. I know there is something going on, I've seen it in my life, many times, but damned if I know what it is. If there is a God, it should be the God of all people, not just a certain people. Jesus, Muhammed, Krishna, are probably all the same, but we people gotta screw everything up, division is our game. I don't know what "it" is, but it's quite powerful and amazing. God or alien? God is an alien?

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
And every religion seems to say "Believe in Me" or else. And not to start a firestorm, but why did God give that desert to the Jews and be damned everyone else? Doesn't make any sense. I know there is something going on, I've seen it in my life, many times, but damned if I know what it is. If there is a God, it should be the God of all people, not just a certain people. Jesus, Muhammed, Krishna, are probably all the same, but we people gotta screw everything up, division is our game. I don't know what "it" is, but it's quite powerful and amazing. God or alien? God is an alien?
Because organized religion is not about religion, it is about power and control. Remember, way back when, the religious leaders were the only educated ones, many times more educated than the royalty; they were the original Deep State.......

Reactions: Popeye and Wag

·
Jesus Saves
7,699 Posts
Because organized religion is not about religion, it is about power and control. Remember, way back when, the religious leaders were the only educated ones, many times more educated than the royalty; they were the original Deep State.......
I believe ALL religion is about power and control.

I also believe all religion is man-made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Then you and I agree on something!

·
Keep calm & return fire!
10,446 Posts
I am of the opinion that if prostitution was legal there would be a significant drop in the divorce rate.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts