National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, my title for this online video would have been the title of this thread, namely, "Verbal judo match won by zealous cop, but all is STILL well in my home town"

FYI:
If you're fishing, camping, or hiking here in Florida, open carry is legal.

As for the interaction itself, I do not know, but my gut feeling is that the cop lost someone close to him while serving America. Just my take away.

At the end of the day, all is well. I like that about living here.

PW

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,103 Posts
I completely dislike this type of behavior. Just because you have the right to walk around the town with a weapon over your shoulder, doesn’t mean you should. It’s uncalled for and disrespectful of the non shooters in this country. It scares people. It makes the police have to come out and discuss it with you and then explain it with the non shooters.
Years ago, when you went hunting and ot your deer, you were required to keep that deer in plain view for transport. It made non hunters form opinions that we as hunters, don’t want. You killed Bambi. It was a bad image and it was changed.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I completely dislike this type of behavior. Just because you have the right to walk around the town with a weapon over your shoulder, doesn’t mean you should. It’s uncalled for and disrespectful of the non shooters in this country. It scares people. It makes the police have to come out and discuss it with you and then explain it with the non shooters.
I agree with the long gun unless they are in a hostile territory (which there is plenty of these days). Open carry though, I’m all for. It’s not someone else’s right to trample on my rights because they don’t agree with it. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, what other right in the constitution do you have to hide? It makes people uncomfortable because it’s become taboo. You can thank your liberal media for that. If it were common place like it should be, no one would crying about it because it would be the norm.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Years ago, when you went hunting and ot your deer, you were required to keep that deer in plain view for transport. It made non hunters form opinions that we as hunters, don’t want. You killed Bambi. It was a bad image and it was changed.
Are these same people that are afraid of the sight of a gun afraid of cars? How about kitchen knives, srewdrivers, hammers and baseball bats?
The truth is, those items kill more people per year than all long guns combined.
Too many people think that the rest of the world has an obligation to make them feel something. Happy, safe,,,,whatever. The truth is, no other person can make you FEEL anything you don't want to feel. Period.
We carry a gun partly because it makes us feel safer. So,,,who's feelings are more important and when???
Yours,,or mine?
I thought that is why we have a Constitution. So you can't impose your feelings on me. Or me on you. That is just called being a bully. I don't think any of us like that here.
If the sight of an object makes you fearful, removing it from your sight will not make you safer or remove that fear. Whether it is a gun or a spider, you will still fear it.
That is not directed specifically at you. I generally like your posts. Whether I like agree with them or not, gives me something to think about.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts