National Gun Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was sent to me this morning: makes a good read and presents a good question.

"Once up a time there was an individual on a campus. That individual idiotically locked themselves out of THEIR [editor's note: let's be utterly clear here, this was a privately-owned vehicle fully and solely owned by and in the possession of the fabled individual who was 100% legitimately on said campus] vehicle in the main parking lot. Being inadequately endowed with humility, the individual attempted to 'let' themselves in rather than seek assistance. Scarily, it was far easier than they anticipated. The vehicle was not harmed in any way, nor were any weather strips damaged in the production of this fable. They must have slipped under the radar, since they were not interrupted in any way. Rather ironic, since the fairy tale security office was less than 100 feet away in full view. Other fairy tale individuals and vehicles were passing by during this occurrence. :eek:

Moral of the story: don't be an idiot. If you screw up, be a resourceful idiot. Never underestimate the obliviousness of fellow beings. And remember, vehicles are not safe storage locations

This is presented as a work of fiction. All characters and events portrayed in this work are fictional and any resemblance to real people or incidents, whether express or implied, is surely coincidental."

This story makes me nervous. Are those mechanical anti-theft devices any good? Anyone use them?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Yea, I do think the "club" works pretty effectively. To get it off you have to go through the headache of cutting the steering wheel or otherwise bending it and causing permanent damage. Most thrives don't choose to take the time to take one off unless its a very expensive auto.

Many cars are simply picked up by wreckers these days and hauled off to steal them, with the alarms blaring and nobody cares. Same with motorcycles, they simply pick them up, put them on a trailer and off they go.

If they want it bad enough they will get it, but the club will eliminate the average "tweeker" or teen joyrider!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I had a professional alarm with starter kill installed on my car but it got stolen anyway...found it a few weeks later completly stripped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts