National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an owner of a 1998 Taurus Raging Bull 454 in excellent condition. The barrell is 8 3/8" long, blue steel, with Case Hardened frame. I have no box, outside of an aftermarket hard case, nor any paper work on the gun.

I am curious as to how much this gun is worth.

Also, I am interested in scoping my revolver with a Leupold VX-3. Will drilling and tapping the frame lower the value of the revolver? If so, by how much? Is it worth it or should I buy a different revolver for hunting and target shooting?

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
From Blue Book, but Baldy has a better source in GunBroker.

MSR….100% …98% ..95% ..90% ..80% …70% …60%
$877 …..$735 …$645 ..$570 ..$485 .$425 …$360 …$280

If you sign up for a GunBroker account, you can view completed auctions and see what they actually sold for.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sold one last week for $575, YMMV.

Trade one for a Glock 19 with 5 mags last month.
That caliber is just to much for 67 year old hands.:biggrin5:

·
Old School.
11,011 Posts
I sold one last week for $575, YMMV.

Trade one for a Glock 19 with 5 mags last month.
That caliber is just to much for 67 year old hands.:biggrin5:
I couldn't agree more as I stopped at .44mag. That's more than enough handgun for this oldman. If I need more I'll get a rifle. :biggrin5:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't agree more as I stopped at .44mag. That's more than enough handgun for this oldman. If I need more I'll get a rifle. :biggrin5:
Was it Col. Cooper that said a handgun was only good for fighting your back to your rifle?:30:

·
super noob
2,037 Posts
MSR is always way to high. In the shop we sell them for 600 give or take 50 bucks brand new. The best gauge is to look at GB and see what the guns are listed for and then only look at the ones that have bids on them. MSRP can say what ever it wants but its not worth anything if someone isnt willing to buy it.

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
MSR is always way to high. In the shop we sell them for 600 give or take 50 bucks brand new. The best gauge is to look at GB and see what the guns are listed for and then only look at the ones that have bids on them. MSRP can say what ever it wants but its not worth anything if someone isnt willing to buy it.
Yeh, with all the gun auction sites out there, the utility of Blue Book is almost obviated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts