National Gun Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking for information specific to Virginia. In VA, handguns don't have to be registered. But also in Va, you can't just give somebody a gun, it has to go through a FFT.

I'm new at this so sorry if this seems silly, but isn't that contradictory? If guns are not registered, how do they (THEY) know if someone gives you a gun?

What happens if someone gives you a gun and no FFT is involved?

·
AZHerper
6,167 Posts
So I'm looking for information specific to Virginia. In VA, handguns don't have to be registered. But also in Va, you can't just give somebody a gun, it has to go through a FFT.

I'm new at this so sorry if this seems silly, but isn't that contradictory? If guns are not registered, how do they (THEY) know if someone gives you a gun?

They aren't registered but they do have serial numbers. Nobody on this site will give you advice to break the law. Stick with the law.

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
31,992 Posts
If you live in Virginia and want the rights the Constitution of the United States is supposed to protect .... move to a free state.

·
Keep calm & return fire!
14,031 Posts

There are a lot of strong opinions on this subject but I'll offer this one... outside of my own flesh and blood if I am gifting someone a firearm its going through a FFL. I want a paper trail of the transfer for my protection and theirs.

Stands to reason at this point in time that most current firearms arrived in their owners hands via FFL transfer.

So lets say..... Super duper snazzy high point 9mm was transferred to Bob when he bought it from the pawn shop at Prospect and Broadway.... 2 years later Bob gifts you super duper snazzy high point 9mm on the down low because aint no way he's letting "the man" hold ya down.
You do something stupid with super duper snazzy high point 9mm like harm your boyfriends secret boyfriend for example and in your heartbroken distressed fit of passion you drop super duper snazzy high point 9mm at the scene and the 5-oh recovers it, well guess what?.... Bob potentially has a BIG problem as he's gonna be sitting in a smoke filled interrogation room with a lamp in his face and a coffee breathed detective demanding a confession or water tight alibi all while covid laden drops of spittle land on his lips as the detective screams at him to "tell the truth and just come clean Bob".

Bob could have avoided all this if he simply would have transferred you super duper snazzy high point 9mm.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.