National Gun Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
1,040 Posts
1969 to 1978 and it was a great time. Following Nam in '72 I was assigned to 4th Marine Corps District (Cleveland, Ohio) as a recruiter. Following 3 years in Cleve I caught orders to NAS North Island and a VIP Naval Command. When my time was up the command offered a DoD job so I got out and went DoD.

Funny, one night some guy called me asking are you Ronald Blain of Platoon 1066 MCRD June '69 so I say yeah, that would be me. A bunch of the guys actually planned a 40 year reunion of Boot Camp. Now we get together every year and next year is the 45th reunion. Even found two of our old DIs who join us. Unfortunately our Platoon Commander was KIA in Nam. We have the best time at these gatherings usually in Branson, Mo.

Oh yeah, my dad was Marine, my sister was Marine and married a Marine who retired as a Captain. No shortage of jar heads in the family. :)

Semper Fi
Ron

· USMC
31 Posts
Im currently in afghanistan, I was augmented out to a magtaf and were sending gear home basically packing up the war.
Motor T leads the way! Home unit is 2nd Maintenance Bn out of camp lejeune,nc.

· Registered
734 Posts
0311 in 1/2 Bravo, down here at good old Lejuene. Can't wait to get out lol

41 - 51 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.