National Gun Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
Thanks to all of you who have served, and to those you know who currently are or have in the past.

Tell them that there ae a lot of grateful Americans out there who fully understand and appreciate all they do for us.

I never served, being in the last Nam lottery (May of '72) was as close as I got...oh yeah, my number didn't come up. Boy, was I glad to lose that one!

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Still in (thinkin bout getting out). Came in 97. 0331, 0369. Been with 3/8 Wpns & Lima. 1/6 Wpns & Alpha. With 3/2 Wpns now, but I may get stuck at the Regimental training center.

G

·
I'm not a Marine yet but i have been through Officer Candidate Scholl (OCS) i have 2 more LONG years of college before i commission. i am around Marines on a regular basis and can not wait to claim the title. Semper Fi

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Why do you want to go to the dark side?

And do you maybe mean that you have already done OCC or PLC?

G

·
bat1159man said:
Members of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children's Corps

Currently - NoLOAD (No Longer On Active Duty) - served active 1977 to 1979 - MOS 0311 - final unit K/3/7- final rank E-3 (LCpl). Anyone else out there? Semper Fidelis!
Haven't seen you for awhile, welcome back jar head. The Air Force is flying overhead to cover yall's arses. :-B-:

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
teknoid said:
USN, here ('78-'82) But my son is a Marine. He's got 9 months left, and is currently floating around somewhere off the coast of Burma.
Thirty worst MEU I take it?

G

·
C-D-P said:
teknoid said:
USN, here ('78-'82) But my son is a Marine. He's got 9 months left, and is currently floating around somewhere off the coast of Burma.
Thirty worst MEU I take it?
Yep- Useless cruise, too. There's no way our military will be allowed to help those folks. It would be too hard for the thugs to steal the supplies and sell them.

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Fork em.

I want to help all people. But some people just refuse. Really sad actually.

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Here is a question to all of you Marines that either EASed or Retired. When did you know it was time for you to get out? What was the deciding factor?

G

·
I enlisted on my 18th birthday and served from 89-93, recieving my 214's on march 15 for medical discharge.
1st recon battalion, MOS - 0321
Served as an E-4, I was offerd E-5 pending 6 months rehab on my knee and required trading my beloved fighting first for MOS-8531, I declined.
Now an older, wiser man I wish I had accepted.

"and when he gets to heaven,
to saint peter he will tell:
one more solider reporting sir,
I have served my time in hell"

· Ancient Gaseous Emanation
57,883 Posts
Here is a question to all of you Marines that either EASed or Retired. When did you know it was time for you to get out? What was the deciding factor?
I wasn't a Marine. I was US Army.

When did I know it was time to get out? Easy. After ten years the Army told me I was to beaten up to stay. I had no choice. It was Disability Retirement. There were no other acceptable options.

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Thanks guys. The desk had me down a bit. But what with new orders, the question in the OP no longer applies.

· Drunk Supernova
6,002 Posts
Sorry I am late.

Welcome to the board devil nuts.

G

·
Marine, served from '83-87. Highest rank was E-4 Discharged as E-3. Served in the Airwing , seen a lot of places. We had just taken on new aircraft and the Corps was out to show'em off. I figured out that it was time to get out when I had to bite my tongue when they came up with some new form of stupid. Just knew I had seen enough of the Corps. Don't regret it one bit. I look back fondly at my time in but I am happy with my choice. Good luck with your decision C-D-P.

Jeff

G

·
7/92-11/99
MOS 1833
Spent 5 years at Courthouse Bay, Camp Lejeune. Spent the rest at Camp Del Mar, Pendleton at the Amphibious Vehicle Test Branch. Got out as a Sgt.

G

·
when I was 21 I was going to join the corp right before the terrorist attacks, but unfortunatlly my body had a different plan of premature falling apart so I was advised not to join by a couple of my doctors. Still wish things would have went the other way, but I don't have any regrets for whats out of my hands.

G

·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I always said I would get out when it wasn't fun anymore.

By the time I was getting close to EAS I was stationed at the Amphibious Vehicle Test Branch. Most of us were E-5, all the cream of the AAV crop. But when FitReps came out, someone had to be at the bottom. Not that I was at the bottom, but it was just unfair that we had to be ranked like that amongst ourselves when had we all been with seperate units, we'd all be the top SGT in the ranks.

That made what should have been a very enjoyable situation a very competitive one. I didn't want to get wrapped up in that. I was at AVTB because I was one of the best in my field and I was there to make a difference to my MOS and the vehicle we placed our lives in, not myself. Others used that as an oppertunity to better themselves and I didn't like that.

That's when it stopped being fun. I wrote a letter asking not to be considered for E-6 and got out.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.