National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Members of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children's Corps

Currently - NoLOAD (No Longer On Active Duty) - served active 1977 to 1979 - MOS 0311 - final unit K/3/7- final rank E-3 (LCpl). Anyone else out there? Semper Fidelis!

2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Baldy said:
One daughters boy friend has got couple months of school left and it's off to the sand bowl for him. He's USMC and a fine young fellow. :)
Tell him "Semper Fi" and to stay frosty and safe for me Baldy.

2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gunzzi said:
My neighbor's son in law's unit is imbedded with a batallion of Afghan soldiers somewhere in the mountains near Pakistan. He has a broken ankle and is waiting until his time is up to come back and have surgery. His wife and kids are waiting in Okinawa for his return sometime in August. Last time he saw his son he was only a week old. :) Prayers please for a good man and a good Marine Sgt.

(wiping tears.....)
Always have prayers for the men and women in uniform, extra one for the Corps and now one for your neighbor's son-in-law!

Okinawa - 3rd MarDiv?

2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
glennc said:
bat1159man said:
Members of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children's Corps

Currently - NoLOAD (No Longer On Active Duty) - served active 1977 to 1979 - MOS 0311 - final unit K/3/7- final rank E-3 (LCpl). Anyone else out there? Semper Fidelis!
I thought the Marine enlistment was for 4 yrs. it was in 1967.
It was - blew out both knees in a training accident. Wanted to stay but was told no thanks. Got nice long zipper scars as a memento though. :cry:

2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
gunrnr said:
Welcome Back, Mr. bat1159man -- Good to see you again!!!
Thanks Gunrnr - it is good to be back. There is a lot to go through.

2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gunrnr said:
Yeah, we've gotten even more rude, crude, lewd, and socially unacceptable that we already were, last time you were around.

A fun time is had by all!
Good - I look forward to the excitement!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.