National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Members of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children's Corps

Currently - NoLOAD (No Longer On Active Duty) - served active 1977 to 1979 - MOS 0311 - final unit K/3/7- final rank E-3 (LCpl). Anyone else out there? Semper Fidelis!

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Baldy said:
One daughters boy friend has got couple months of school left and it's off to the sand bowl for him. He's USMC and a fine young fellow. :)
Tell him "Semper Fi" and to stay frosty and safe for me Baldy.

·
Big Honkin' Daddy
1,247 Posts
My neighbor's son in law's unit is imbedded with a batallion of Afghan soldiers somewhere in the mountains near Pakistan. He has a broken ankle and is waiting until his time is up to come back and have surgery. His wife and kids are waiting in Okinawa for his return sometime in August. Last time he saw his son he was only a week old. :) Prayers please for a good man and a good Marine Sgt.

(wiping tears.....)

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gunzzi said:
My neighbor's son in law's unit is imbedded with a batallion of Afghan soldiers somewhere in the mountains near Pakistan. He has a broken ankle and is waiting until his time is up to come back and have surgery. His wife and kids are waiting in Okinawa for his return sometime in August. Last time he saw his son he was only a week old. :) Prayers please for a good man and a good Marine Sgt.

(wiping tears.....)
Always have prayers for the men and women in uniform, extra one for the Corps and now one for your neighbor's son-in-law!

Okinawa - 3rd MarDiv?

·
Premium Member
2,253 Posts
My son & son-in-law are both Marines.Tehy have been in Iraq twice. Both are back in the States & are stationed in N.C. Jeff, my son was named Marine Of
The Year for this year. I am very proud of both of them. In fact, I'm proud of all of the folks in the different branches of our military. :-B-:

K

·
0 Posts
USMC 0311 lancecorporal also, my youngest son is in the army now.
he is doing well and may re-up in a few months.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Army leads the way!

·
Registered
569 Posts
bat1159man said:

Currently - NoLOAD (No Longer On Active Duty) - served active 1977 to 1979 - MOS 0311 - final unit K/3/7- final rank E-3 (LCpl). Anyone else out there? Semper Fidelis!
I thought the Marine enlistment was for 4 yrs. it was in 1967.

C

·
0 Posts
Not a Marine, but I served with the 1st and 2nd MarDiv in Iraq. I was thinking about joining the Marine Reserves when my after my ETS but my wife won't let me so I have to stay in the Army.

·
Banned
818 Posts
I can't join any branch of the US Armed Forces due to a medical condition and also I don't want to miss ANY part of my son's life while he's growing up and also simple and plain, I'm not Military material, but if I would join, I would defiantly join the USMC. Best reputation for turning boys into men.

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
glennc said:
bat1159man said:

I thought the Marine enlistment was for 4 yrs. it was in 1967.
It was - blew out both knees in a training accident. Wanted to stay but was told no thanks. Got nice long zipper scars as a memento though. :cry:

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Welcome Back, Mr. bat1159man -- Good to see you again!!!

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gunrnr said:
Welcome Back, Mr. bat1159man -- Good to see you again!!!
Thanks Gunrnr - it is good to be back. There is a lot to go through.

·
Premium Member
15,424 Posts
Yeah, we've gotten even more rude, crude, lewd, and socially unacceptable that we already were, last time you were around.

A fun time is had by all!

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
gunrnr said:
Yeah, we've gotten even more rude, crude, lewd, and socially unacceptable that we already were, last time you were around.

A fun time is had by all!
Good - I look forward to the excitement!

C

·
0 Posts
In Bahrain right now. Almost Navy and not quite Corps.

US Navy Seabee. Naval Mobile Contruction Battalion 74, Foxtrot Co., 2nd Platoon, 2nd Squad Wicked step child of the Navy, ******* child of the Marine Corps.
Iraq twice, built alot of Sea Huts for the Marines, fixed up thier hooches and so on.

If you are in the Marines and don't know what a Seabee is then shame on you.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts