National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have turned on this feature. I do want to see how it will work. I believe this feature will be a cool option to have. Of course, there will be trolls giving bad reputation but all in all, I do believe that 98% of us will use this system in a positive manner.

FAQ:
How do I give someone reputation?
All you have to do is look at the top right of the post and click on the little weight symbol. Here you can give reputation.

How do I view my reputation or others reputation?
There is vertical bars on the right hand side of the post. The most you can have is 10. It will be most likely impossible to reach this number.

Do I get to see who gave me reputation?
No, this is a anonymous reputation system.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this feature. Please pm me or one of the Moderators for assistance.

Thanks,
Admin

·
Just Some Dude...
1,142 Posts
I sure hope this works without getting ugly... I have seen this get foul on other forums over differences of opinion, let alone legit reason... but we'll see.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,775 Posts
I sure hope this works without getting ugly... I have seen this get foul on other forums over differences of opinion, let alone legit reason... but we'll see.
Yup! I agree.

What's this about a ten character minimum for posts?

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just reset the minimum to 2. I also have the ability to hit off and on for the forum reputation so if it causes more grief than we need, I will remove it.

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
Reminds me of AGO's website.
Not quite sure what you were trying to say in your last quote, Travis, mind explaining?

·
Registered
679 Posts
Anybody ever use this tool? I have been giving out a couple of Rep Points here and there for replies, and good answers to questions, but I think you need to have a positive reputation in order to pass positive points on to others (as least that's how all the other v-bulletin based forums I have been a member of were), and the Mods and Admins are the only ones who can actually give anyone any initial Reputation points to begin with, so It has to be started by you guys....I believe (though I've been wrong before).

Oh, and I didn't see a place to check your rep in the control panel. (it's usually at the bottom of the Control Panel main page).

-just curious- {about the whole "do people use it" question.}

·
Registered
381 Posts
We have the rep point system in place on another site. It's a pretty close-knit military forum where you can see who boosted/dinged you and the post where they did it. I believe it's also set up so that you can't participate until you've made a certain number of posts (20 maybe?). Usually the deadbeats and trolls don't last that long so rep abuse hasn't been a problem.

It *is* nice to see who gave you a bump, or at the very least, the reason why.

·
Dr. of Loadology
15,424 Posts
You can go to User CP to see your own reputation and the last several entries that others have made.

Reactions: USMGoldenEagle

·
Appreciated Member
179 Posts
I just spent some time give a bunch of guys good reputations with nice comments on what i think of them. Hope I get some back in return! Its all about reputation you know! :)

Reactions: Gunrnr

·
Registered
679 Posts
I went to my user CP and all I see is a list of recently subscribed threads. Nothing about rep.

Same here.....well, that and my *warning* for inappropriate language. sorry SheNine. :wink:

Reactions: Gunrnr

·
Dr. of Loadology
15,424 Posts
See whether your rep displays now, 3/325. I gave you :thumbsup:. Tried to give cavie an attaboy too, but the system says you can't give pos rep two times on the same thread. Silly rule, but I don't make 'em.

·
Dr. of Loadology
15,424 Posts
OK, if no reputation points are displayed in your users cp, there are none to be seen.

Reactions: cavie187

·
Registered
679 Posts
Ah ha! I see it. I guess I had not gotten and rep prior to that.

Thanks. :D

·
Registered
679 Posts
I am glad to see the system is working properly. Using it is tricky sometimes (at least it was on other forums I am a member of) due to the limitations of the system and principals that define it. You will find that like-minded people get a lot more rep from you than you would expect -given that you remember to use the button.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts