National Gun Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Rob Pinucs used the belly band as a methoid of carry in his new video. Have you tried that methoid of carry?

Rob suggested that it was one of the best ways to carry a handgun in a crowded room where other people might bump into you accidentally and notice you were armed if carrying in a standard side holster.

He also stated that a heavy trigger pull small revolver works well with the belly band since pulling and re-holstering the weapon can result in an accidental discharge if you are not careful.

You thoughts about this type of carry??

·
Pro Gun Advocate
10,940 Posts
I don't have the...er...guts to do it.

G

·
I have used a belly band to carry an airweight bodyguard. I find it to be comfortable and it holds the handgun close to my body (less chance of printing). It is not as quick to deploy as a IWB or pocket holster. That may simply be an issue of practice and personal preference. I would agree that it does hide the gun from the general public well.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think this methoid is used by women when dressing for the office. Very few options available for them if they can't wear a jacket.

G

·
I don't use the actual belly band style, but I do use the Thunderwear holster, which is a type of internal band holster for deep concealment. I holster my SP101 in it. This gun is no light weight, yet the holster carries it quite comfortably. The one thing with these holsters...quick draw is not a great option for them. It takes some practice to be able to access, pull and get your front sight on target. I practice two or three times a week and have my draw and shoot time down to a bit less than 3 seconds. Not great, but practical in the real world. How many times are you going to face off with another gunfighter and need to get your gun shooting in 1.5 seconds?

G

·
I am not a regular customer of this carry, but it is very nice and hidden for those times one must dress in a dress shirt or really remain un-noticed. The weapon carries very nicely under the armpit position. Some carrry the weapon right on the front of the belly/chest area. Not quite the conceal as under the arm, but a faster draw I suppose. As you know we all need 3 or 4 ways to carry. Especially here in Central Florida

1 - 6 of 6 Posts