National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always worry about the quality of used guns. Its one thing to get them from a friend that you know who has taken care of them, but I sometimes worry that they will have hidden defects!

You hear all the horror stories on some of the auction sites. Do you think that is a valid concern?

G

·
It's a valid concern, if one is not very familiar with firearms, like buying any other used thingy.

Probably half my firearms were acquired as used ones.

I am comfortable with them and I got most of them without paperwork.

As a matter of fact, I'm looking for a junky 1911 and a junky M-1 Carbine.

Any leads??

Doug

G

·
Maybe I should have "junk". It is for a wall display and only the butt will be seen, sticking out of a GI holster on a web belt.

That and the carbine are going on my "Wall of Honor" commemorating my Sons' Military Service to our Country. I am the proud Father of four Military Sons - two of which have won the Bronze Star.

Doug

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've bought a few used guns, a couple from dealers, and a couple from private citizens. I've only had one problem, with a lever action that had a defective "lifter", 35 dollar fix.

I bought a sig 226 that I think was a police trade in, its all sctatched up on one side and has some holster wear. It is, however an excellent shooter. Night sites are getting weak though. Well worth what I paid for it.

Every time I'm in my local gun shop, I check the used counter. Now theres a nice 44 629 6 incher I want laying there for around 500 bucks.

G

·
Doug Wilson said:
Maybe I should have "junk". It is for a wall display and only the butt will be seen, sticking out of a GI holster on a web belt.

That and the carbine are going on my "Wall of Honor" commemorating my Sons' Military Service to our Country. I am the proud Father of four Military Sons - two of which have won the Bronze Star.

Doug
Sounds like you raised some great men! Be proud.... :-B-:

G

·
Most of mine have been used. I buy from a store that warrantees their used guns and it has never been a problem getting the rare problem fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.