National Gun Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,400 Posts
I like the finish you put on your display case. I might copy the design. The tanto next to the Leek looks almost like a Cryo what model is it?

· Registered
4,400 Posts
Get the updated version with the knife in the back of America with "Joe Biden strikes back" and "enduring freedom lost, 8-2021' on the blade.

Sorry, we now continue with our regularly scheduled programming.

Reactions: IowaShooter

· Registered
4,400 Posts
Nice addition to the collection.

There's a big Smokey Mountain Knife Works off 40 near Sevierville, TN on the way to Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, it's huge. I never stopped in next chance I get I might have to make it a point to drop in.

My primary mission was to visit a kid or take a kid to Dollywood when I was passing by so I could never justify stopping in. If you were a kid and your father or grandfather was taking you to Dollywood imagine spending hours in a boring knife store with Dollywood almost in spittin' distance. That might scar a kid for life.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
This finally came back from Buck today (was in for repair)

This is now what I'll carry everyday

It's a lightweight lockback Bantam 285 with 3 and 1/4" blade. Not assisted opening... Just open with thumb stub
View attachment 133522
I have a Bantam I used to carry till I slit my hand open. The one I have is real smooth so I was thinking of buying more.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
It's the price you pay or don't pay for limited edition collectables. I can't see the model number but it looks like a 118 personal. They're discontinued so if you're interested in collectable value that adds to it. That's probably why they want so much for it.

· Registered
4,400 Posts
I saw another semi-patriotic knife leaving the gun store. I'm not really a knife collector although I do have a collection of knives. I always considered Case knives more collectable than most.

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Font Gas

Reactions: gvaldeg1

· Registered
4,400 Posts
It was burned in my brain long ago somehow that Case knives are more collectable than others. I have a few Case knives one of which is a peanut. The blades stamped "USA" so I assume it was made in the good 'ole U.S. of A. I was actually looking for the type of steel. The blade has some rust spots on it. I went to their website and they called it some type of stainless steel. Not to try and get too technical but I think 13% chromium is required for it to be considered stainless. D2 is 1% short so it's called a semi-stainless.

Anyway it's hard to keep a EDC oiled but for a collector knife I strongly suggest a good rust preventative oil or coating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts