National Gun Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I "paranoid" or normal? I mean have you ever looked at the map..... We are basically surronding Iran. We have troops on both sides of them...... Do you think Iran is next? Did Bush plan to do this?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Travis said:
Am I "paranoid" or normal? I mean have you ever looked at the map..... We are basically surronding Iran. We have troops on both sides of them...... Do you think Iran is next? Did Bush plan to do this?

I don't think so but I for one am not happy with Iran's position on nukes, and their role in the Iraq pot stirring. I do think we will be fighting them one day and I would prefer it being without the nukes.

G

·
sig232 said:
Travis said:

I don't think so but I for one am not happy with Iran's position on nukes, and their role in the Iraq pot stirring. I do think we will be fight them one day and I would prefer it being without the nukes.
There is no way in hell we could successfully invade and secure Iran at this time. We are already stretched too thinly, and the Iranians are much better armed than the Iraqis or Afghans. Iran would be IED-heaven for an insurgency, with soldiers killed by the tens of thousands.

If we have to take out their nukes, it will be by air.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Mike Barham said:
sig232 said:
Travis said:

I don't think so but I for one am not happy with Iran's position on nukes, and their role in the Iraq pot stirring. I do think we will be fight them one day and I would prefer it being without the nukes.
There is no way in hell we could successfully invade and secure Iran at this time. We are already stretched too thinly, and the Iranians are much better armed than the Iraqis or Afghans. Iran would be IED-heaven for an insurgency, with soldiers killed by the tens of thousands.

Great idea Mike, who do we talk to about that??

Gee I wonder if it would make them angry enough to attack us in Iraq? Ohhhhhh sh....t!

·
Iron Maiden
8,441 Posts
Mike Barham said:

I hope you're right Mike! I sure hope you're right......................

·
Registered
957 Posts
Its gonna happen, Id be suprised if Bush passes on the White House without doing something about Iran's nuclear program. We cannot allow Iran to get a bomb. They are crazy enough to use it.

G

·
Yeah... we did so WELL with the oil when we took Iraq.

I'm a Conservative, but I wonder what the hell is wrong with our leadership.

Our gasoline oughtta be about a buck a gallon, now.

A1

·
Chicago Pro-Gun Activist
2,444 Posts
You might think that with our deployments in Iraq and Afganistan that it would be relatively simple to move into Iran. That could not be further from the situation. There would need to be a significant build up of material and combat troops not to mention the Naval and Air Force assets. The military might be able to do this but not without stripping bases and ending our commitments elsewhere. In addition, this build up would not go on without notice. There would not be acceptance of action against Iran unless the reasons for taking this action are extremely grave to the welfare of the U.S - not a likely situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts