National Gun Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any members in our forum? Is this a worthwhile organization and what has your experience as a member been like?

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leeindy said:
ive considered joining. havent really been convinced yet
Yes, I agree, I am not sure what the benefit is at this point. But there may be something of major value that I am missing!

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its an organization that specifically targets permits holders. You join and get a magazine and access to their website.

G

·
I've read the magazine many times. It's okay, though I think it is a bit amateurish. Not just the art content and layout, but the articles - with the exception of Gabe Suarez, most of the writers in that mag strike me as guys who think they know more than they actually do.

G

·
Mike Barham said:
I've read the magazine many times. It's okay, though I think it is a bit amateurish. Not just the art content and layout, but the articles - with the exception of Gabe Suarez, most of the writers in that mag strike me as guys who think they know more than they actually do.
That does not seem very impressive to me.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a fairly new organization. I imagine it will take some time to attract the talent that it takes to gain readers in their magazine. They most likely have a very limited budget and in time I'm sure things will improve.

It just seemed to me that most of the issues are discussed on all the forums and in all the other top magazines. I do think they attract a lot of new permit holders who are excited about having the new permit and want to get involved. You know the ones who want a badge that says Concealed Permit Holder!! :? :?

You have to join up and pay an annual fee to be allowed in their forum on the website.

G

·
Im a little to much of a tight wad to do that. ill have to see one of there rags before i descide. any one got an old issue thell mail me.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
leeindy said:
looks like it would be something for the uneducated and new to carrying. i perused there site. not impressed

I agree! But they are picking up membership!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I've subscribed to the magazine for several years (about 6 months after they began publication actually) and find it's evolved greatly since those first b&w issues. I find it to be a decent and useful magazine. While much of the magazines information can be found elsewhere (like just about anything you'll find in gun mags, there are a half-dozen other rags that say the same things), it IS CC oriented and I find it helpful the info is in one location/magazine.

FWIW, they increased the price of the USCCA membership a while back and the mag became part of the membership. A lot of the old members have taken issue with Tim (the owner) over the price and he is in the process of making some changes for new members. You can also subscribe to the magazine alone rather than join the association for about half the price.

·
Harley Dude
14,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
rachilders said:
I've subscribed to the magazine for several years (about 6 months after they began publication actually) and find it's evolved greatly since those first b&w issues. I find it to be a decent and useful magazine. While much of the magazines information can be found elsewhere (like just about anything you'll find in gun mags, there are a half-dozen other rags that say the same things), it IS CC oriented and I find it helpful the info is in one location/magazine.

FWIW, they increased the price of the USCCA membership a while back and the mag became part of the membership. A lot of the old members have taken issue with Tim (the owner) over the price and he is in the process of making some changes for new members. You can also subscribe to the magazine alone rather than join the association for about half the price.

Thanks for the information. Yes its twice the price of the cost of joining the NRA and with them you have the choice of several magazines. USCCA is in the business to make a profit apparently!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts