National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6 years Army Infantry, Iraq & Afghan 30 months Deployed with Combat & a hell of a background, now a civilian past 1.5 years. They're trying to take my Registered Weatherby bolt action 30/06 & threatening my gun rights!
They are; as in Stevenson County Court, WA... & why?
Well, On my way out to live somewhere else, I wasn't supposed to be driving & got caught. Cops didn't tow my car (implying) I would agree to a search, I agreed & told the Officer I had a rifle in back (no ammo near). He said ok, just they had to bring it in till my family could grab my car & I could pull it out of their arms room. Got to jail at 10pm & at 2am one of the cops came out & said he was writing me another citation... Possession of a Firearm 2nd *! I was like *** guy, you've been researching me for 4 hours? he replied that he had a dinner break.
He explains why. He say's he found my juvenile record & it says I have a Felony which is already bs. I "had" a Missive Mischief 2nd* & was written off my record hence US Army 6 yrs, Voted, Background Checked passed both & Firearm Registration.
- When I was 13 I stayed the night at a friends, we went skating late & he started destroying a construction site, I did the right thing & left for home at 2am when it started. After an hour skating I came home surprised to see my parents waiting for me on the stairs ready for me, my friend had been arrested & his mom called mine. Fast forward to court, I could not prove I had left & his lawyer said to include me as guilty so either way I would lose & have to help pay. I took a plea bargain for Guilty with the deal being I will have my rights restored at age 18: Guns, Federal Job, & Voting. So I took the deal & had no problems until all this happened.
I joined the Army, Voted, & bought & Registered a firearm while home from Iraq. No questions asked... Until now.

What the Prosecutor has on me is he's saying I was supposed to pay about $500 & fill out some paperwork that I was never informed about, US Army looked passed, Voters Registration Office looked passed, & especially my Firearm Dealer & registration looked passed... Now, say they don't just drop it & I am found Guilty for $10g & 10yrs Imprisonment... Wouldn't the Stevenson Court be Morally subject to also pursue attacking all those Federal Entities that passed all my background checks for not doing their jobs right? Federal Court system would smash Stevenson, & I would have to counter attack my loss & ultimately win, right?
Isn't there some law(s) about a soldier able to own a firearm even after a previous offense prior to enlistment? After all A soldier who can't shoot is worthless right, hence you cannot enlist if you can't physically/legally shoot a firearm.
Please inform me about anyway I can counter this Prosecutor!

Yea this isn't a "Secure" website n' all but I need answers to my questions & it's not as if anyone has my foot size narrowed down by my Info. Yes, I FULLY understand I need a REAL lawyer, but obviously the system is bent & all the court cares about is my money... Which I don't have, even for a real Lawyer.

I forgot to mention that this happened Oct 2012 & is still going. I have to have a friend drive me 1hr to the court once every 3 months average, because I can't even pay my license legal until this is done. I also forgot to mention that I have called a Jury trial & last time I went in was supposed to be the last, final court date/Judgement Day... Came in wearing my Class A's Uniform with no bs more medals, badges, cords, & awards than I can fit, ready to flirt with the Jury & Judge about this. I got in & first noticed no Jury then the Judge completely shot me down. Told me he was changing the date to make me come in two more times & NEVER let him see my Uniform again, like F!... To polish that off, my lawyer then handed me the paper to be signed & said "Happy Halloween", I looked & my first date will not only complete the Year long anniversary this Oct but will also call me in on the Holiday.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Hello

Yes; America became a police state.
They are still trying to keep that a secret.
So you have become ensnared in there trap.
Ether way they are going to drain your bank accounts and maybe liquidate your assets.
The beast needs fed.
Good luck.
And I hope you hire a very good attorney.

·
1,796 Posts
Internet legal advice isn't worth much and could easily make things worse for you. Deep down you should know if you've been getting away with something all this time or if your just getting railroaded now. Personally I would find a gun law attorney and hopefully one affiliated with the NRA. If your case is sound you should be able to find plenty of support.

Reactions: beaubust

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
Either you did or you didn't. It doesn't matter much now. You NEED an attorney.

Reactions: larry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Saw your post on Defensive Carry as well,
as a USMC vet I feel for you. Your best bet is to get the media involved. I'm not familiar with WA but I'm pretty sure they're semi conservative and will blow your story up. Public Opinion is very supportive of vets, and with enough face time, once the media shows up you will have the power to ruin the prosecutor's career as well as the judges. Get in contact with your JAG, VFW, and VA, they should be able to help you. Good luck and hope for the best.
-Linny

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
I am familiar with Stevens County in Washington State. Its North of Spokane and relatively rural. I believe its County Seat is in Colville.

I do not recall hearing of a Stevenson County in Washington State.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I am familiar with Stevens County in Washington State. Its North of Spokane and relatively rural. I believe its County Seat is in Colville.
I do not recall hearing of a Stevenson County in Washington State.
Yep I've never heard of a Stevenson County WA either and I lived in Washington State for over 20 years.

Free legal advice is worth about as much as you paid for. Best advice is get an attorney.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts