National Gun Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've got thousands tied up in reloading components. I don't know whether to smile at all of it or shake my head. It gives me something to do after watching 15 minutes of "The News". That's about all of it I can take. I'm having to take it off shelves they're weighted down so much with ammo right now. Some of it needs to go in my ammo dump where I bought at pre-stupid pricing.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
421 Posts
This type of ammo is what will be built in older plants to be restarted. More and more artillery and rounds will be needed quickly in Ukraine.
From CNBC:
The last two U.S. weapons packages for Ukraine have included a total of 90 howitzer artillery systems. These are the first-known heavy artillery platforms to be transferred from U.S. Army and U.S. Marine Corps stockpiles to Ukrainian forces.
The Pentagon confirmed that Ukraine forces will have to train alongside U.S. troops before operating the howitzers. The Pentagon said earlier this week that the training had already begun and was taking place in a location outside of Ukraine but in the region.
Along with the howitzers, the U.S. has sent approximately 184,000 artillery rounds.

·
Registered
816 Posts
A problem is that U. S. artillery rounds will not work in Ukraine artillery guns due to size differences. If we send them shells, a gun has to go with the ammo. If I were in charge of the whole thing, I would want a plan along with the pleas for help. I would also want the cost of what we sent them paid back, IF they survive. The UK finally paid the U. S. lend / lease monies back in total in 2006. There was leadership then too.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
421 Posts
A problem is that U. S. artillery rounds will not work in Ukraine artillery guns due to size differences. If we send them shells, a gun has to go with the ammo. If I were in charge of the whole thing, I would want a plan along with the pleas for help. I would also want the cost of what we sent them paid back, IF they survive. The UK finally paid the U. S. lend / lease monies back in total in 2006. There was leadership then too.
You need to read my post above again. We sent US Howitzers. 92 of them so far. Plus 184000 US ammo for them.
That is not much ammo for 92 guns. So yes, our 155mm rounds do fit in the guns sent.

·
Registered
8,139 Posts
There’s a few things going on right now with ammo. With the Russian imports having their last shipments into the U.S. things are going to get expensive for us shooters. If you can, you should be buying up all of the ammo you can. The projections are for as much as a 30-40% increase in ammo prices in the next 4 months. If you think it was bad the last few years then you haven’t seen anything yet. These are strange times we are heading into.
Most FEDERAL, CCI, WINCHESTER PRIMERS ARE MADE AT THIS LAKE CITY PLANT.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts