1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
29,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Aim true !
13,447 Posts
I think Sweeden and Finland are joining NATO. So Putin is probably going to start something with them. And with China and Tiwan and Kim in NK. And then i fear will lead to WW3 possibility. And of course we will get involved. So time to ramp up ammo and weapons production. Were living in bad times unfortunately.

·
AZHerper
5,845 Posts
I think Sweeden and Finland are joining NATO. So Putin is probably going to start something with them. And with China and Tiwan and Kim in NK. And then i fear will lead to WW3 possibility. And of course we will get involved. So time to ramp up ammo and weapons production. Were living in bad times unfortunately.
I agree with you. One of the few things that this Administration has done with which I agree.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
429 Posts
We are running out of a lot of "AMMO" due to Ukraine in particular. Ammo to the Military is not just small arms!

Heavy caliber ammo and the explosive charges in all of our missiles is sorely lacking in quantity at this time. It takes what they call "Melt Pore Explosives" to go into the Missile and all Artillery rounds. Both of these items are nearly expended. Much of this is assembled by various companies in various locations to produce a missile or Artillery round.
You cannot defeat any enemy with just small arms fire.

ALL of the anti tank missile warheads are produced 60 miles from me. At an old Military Plant. This plant has most all lines shut down since 1970 or before. A 19,000 plus acre facility only using a few hundred acres of production lines.

It is also the main ammunition melt-pour plant for us. Javelin and Stinger missile warheads are made here.

Biden just told Ukraine we will still ship arms and ammo of all types to them, but from now on they will have to be shipped by the manufacturers. We have no more inventory.

This has been known for years, but the Military thought they had enough in stock. Nope, went to Ukraine. We will need to reopen a number pf places quickly.

Interesting article from March of this year.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
This might be a way out for the budget deficit. With current ammo prices, the Fed will be able to
sell off a few tons of ammo, and put themselves in the black. After all, Black Economies Matter...

·
Premium Member
9,276 Posts
There’s a few things going on right now with ammo. With the Russian imports having their last shipments into the U.S. things are going to get expensive for us shooters. If you can, you should be buying up all of the ammo you can. The projections are for as much as a 30-40% increase in ammo prices in the next 4 months. If you think it was bad the last few years then you haven’t seen anything yet. These are strange times we are heading into.

·
Last Stand on Earth
5,411 Posts
We need to keep our heads here at home. My biggest fear is all this talk we've heard in the last couple years about civil war and the coming boogaloo, we are going to be fighting amongst ourselves and either be attacked by a foreign enemy or having our far left in bed with powerful adversaries to our way of life. Neither is pretty. One will happen.

·
Salmon Slayer
942 Posts
Better invest in reloading components now, if ya don’t already have them folks.

·
Premium Member
9,276 Posts
The scuttle butt is that we have depleted our ammo stocks by sending so much stuff to Ukraine. We are almost out of Javelins and stingers as well as seriously low on small arms ammo. The govt just ordere 18,000 new Squad Automatics from Winchester. With Joe giving so much equipment to the Taliban and now Ukraine, we need to restock. I don’t know if they still make M2’s but nothing lasts forever.

·
Registered
Have had guns since 1950. Own pistols, rifles, and carbines. Shoot regularly as I can weather permit
429 Posts
The scuttle butt is that we have depleted our ammo stocks by sending so much stuff to Ukraine. We are almost out of Javelins and stingers as well as seriously low on small arms ammo. The govt just ordere 18,000 new Squad Automatics from Winchester. With Joe giving so much equipment to the Taliban and now Ukraine, we need to restock. I don’t know if they still make M2’s but nothing lasts forever.
Just now read the Army just issued a $50 million contract to FN for M240L Machine guns in February.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Another reason why I suspect. Look at the items listed on this most recent release of things. This link is a very good one for current Ukrainian News.

·
Registered
16,790 Posts
So I guess the price of primers isn't coming down anytime soon
I was talking to a couple of co-workers yesterday after work. There is a shop 1/2 mile down the road from where I work but I've only been there a few times. Prices were mostly high, staff sort of snobby etc so I just don't go. Anyway one guy was telling me they had primers and were selling them for $25 per 100. As if I needed another reason not to stop there....

Reactions: Coalcracker

·
Premium Member
9,276 Posts
I guess if Joe can’t fix the economy with proper oil production, tax incentives and business loans, he’ll start up war production and create jobs in the defense industry, ala’ Rosie the Riveter!

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Army is moving towards a 6.8mm cartridge while still keeping the two rifle calibers already in use. There will be need for additional capacity if they want to produce that cartridge as well. From what I understand it's supposed to utilize polymer in the case and brings in new technology to manufacturing process.

Not saying this is the reason, just adding it to the mix for something to consider.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It has been announced that SIG Sauer have won the contract to provide both the NGSW-Rifle and NGSW-Automatic Rifle. An initial delivery order contract worth $20.4 million has been awarded. SIG’s MCX 6.8 Spear will be designated the XM5 Rifle and the LMG-6.8 belt-fed will be designated the XM250 – designations directly following on from the M4/M4A1 Carbine and M249 SAW which the new weapons will replace.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Will Sig continue to manufacture all ammo for the 6.8mm as well? It only makes sense that the military would want to bring ammo production for any new caliber into the Lake City facility as well especially if the plant is being modernized.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts