National Gun Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,669 Posts
Someone has seriously tweeked around a 1911 style pistol.

·
Live Free
3,505 Posts
What is that odd looking lever-like thing sticking out of the top of the slide? I was wondering if it was some sort of sighting mechanism, but hard to tell in the pic. Interesting work on the gun...my guess is it did not work out good and thus forgotten and left in a bad environment where it started corroding?

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,521 Posts
I'm thinking it's some kind of bubba cocking lever for someone without his thumb

Reactions: KILTED COWBOY

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
I'm not so sure tweaking would be the appropriate word, the word I'm thinking of can't be typed here.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What is that odd looking lever-like thing sticking out of the top of the slide? I was wondering if it was some sort of sighting mechanism, but hard to tell in the pic. Interesting work on the gun...my guess is it did not work out good and thus forgotten and left in a bad environment where it started corroding?
It was allegedly found after Hurricane Katrina

·
Registered
938 Posts
It's a USPSA Open division gun. Built on what's called a 2011 frame. Wide body grip, compensated. The 5 litle holes in the frame
are for an optic mount. Looks like it was hard chromed---a common race gun finish. Nothing really unusual or bubba about it. Go to
a USPSA pistol match and you will see many similar. They run $3,000 to $5,000++. Most are built in 9mm major or some version of
38 super. A major power factor gun will send a 124 gr bullet at 1350+ fps, and have a capacity of around 30 rds.
The little "handle" sticking out the side is a slide racker.

DSC_5951.jpg

·
Registered
14,912 Posts
That would explain the corrosion.
Yeah. They way it looked rough and in the white i thought it was someone playing around with some machining tools and never finished.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
The magwell and fancy cutaways on the barrel and slide looks like STI, to me. Looks like it was a nice gun, till somebody abandoned it to the flood.

·
Registered
938 Posts
The magwell and fancy cutaways on the barrel and slide looks like STI, to me. Looks like it was a nice gun, till somebody abandoned it to the flood.
The frame and slide may very well be STI--but it was built by Brazos Custom in Texas. See link in post #12.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts