National Gun Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13,212 Posts
Socket bayonets can be tough to identify(for me). There are literally a ton of different ones and to me they mostly look the same. If you're on face book look for a group called "the military surplus forum" You will have to request to join and they have rules and questions to answer and abide by or you will get kicked off. Big one is no trying to sell anything. Face book is trying to shut down most gun groups. Anyway if you post there you will probably get an answer as there are some very knowledgeable people on there. I have seen quite a few similar questions asked and answered. You may get some mixed responses though so there is no 100% guarantee every answer will be correct. Off the top of my head i would say it's late 1700's to late 1800's and could go on several different types of Enfields, Springfields or some other type of musket or breech loading rifle. If you're looking for value too that could be all over the place,many are common and some not so much. If there any type of markings or numbers also include that and close up pics if possible.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Socket bayonets can be tough to identify(for me). There are literally a ton of different ones and to me they mostly look the same. If you're on face book look for a group called "the military surplus forum" You will have to request to join and they have rules and questions to answer and abide by or you will get kicked off. Big one is no trying to sell anything. Face book is trying to shut down most gun groups. Anyway if you post there you will probably get an answer as there are some very knowledgeable people on there. I have seen quite a few similar questions asked and answered. You may get some mixed responses though so there is no 100% guarantee every answer will be correct. Off the top of my head i would say it's late 1700's to late 1800's and could go on several different types of Enfields, Springfields or some other type of musket or breech loading rifle. If you're looking for value too that could be all over the place,many are common and some not so much. If there any type of markings or numbers also include that and close up pics if possible.
+1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts