National Gun Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchase rare Irish militaria and firearms, I know this is no in good condition but can someone help me acquire the name of this so I can consider purchasing this, I dont know what to make of it there is no real receiver in sight, honestly is could be a old BB-Gun for all I know

·
5,082 Posts
Hello and welcome.

You might want to go to new members area and post and say hi, more old
timers will be more likely to help you possibly.

I am not sure of what you have but appears is possibly an air rifle...or toy...?

I am curious and not trying to be too nosey or smart aleck...but...could you provide
some more info as to this rifle or pics....I am not trying to get you to give up any
sale info or lose a buy chance etc....is just...you have NO info about this piece..
the pics you display "appear" to be linked through i.ebay.com, a portal used by
many auctions and forums...etc...and i am just curious as to who would post such
for sale and not post any info about it etc...real/toy/bb gun...etc...?

If you can provide more real info, maybe somebody could help...? Or spend a bit
of time to help....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello and welcome.

You might want to go to new members area and post and say hi, more old
timers will be more likely to help you possibly.

I am not sure of what you have but appears is possibly an air rifle...or toy...?

I am curious and not trying to be too nosey or smart aleck...but...could you provide
some more info as to this rifle or pics....I am not trying to get you to give up any
sale info or lose a buy chance etc....is just...you have NO info about this piece..
the pics you display "appear" to be linked through i.ebay.com, a portal used by
many auctions and forums...etc...and i am just curious as to who would post such
for sale and not post any info about it etc...real/toy/bb gun...etc...?

If you can provide more real info, maybe somebody could help...? Or spend a bit
of time to help....
Ya sorry about that, the guy does not really give and information, and he clearly does not have any knowledge of Firearms, he post no information what so ever, so this is probably some cartridgeless rifle of some kind due to the fact there is no visible ejection port, this might be a pellet rifle because I think I may have had on like this when I was a kid, I just wanted to be sure about what I was looking at and what might have been a possible purchase.

·
Registered
926 Posts
It looks like the reciever top is grooved for scope rings. If so---it's not old. Ugly---but probably made after 1960. It looks a lot like the cheap chinese pellet rifles we can buy around here (NW USA) for around $20.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
It looks like the reciever top is grooved for scope rings. If so---it's not old. Ugly---but probably made after 1960. It looks a lot like the cheap chinese pellet rifles we can buy around here (NW USA) for around $20.
It looks to be an air rifle of some sort (notice the 'pump lever' cutout in the bottom of the front forestock). Judging from the pictures, I'd say it has been badly abused but is not rare, old, militaria nor Irish. Unless I were well paid to take it, I'd politely pass.

·
5,082 Posts
It looks to be an air rifle of some sort (notice the 'pump lever' cutout in the bottom of the front forestock). Judging from the pictures, I'd say it has been badly abused but is not rare, old, militaria nor Irish. Unless I were well paid to take it, I'd politely pass.

And believe me, when Popeye "passes" sumthin...it has historically been worth holdin
your nose about.....:thumbsup:

Wait..Popeye....did that come out right.....?

:yikes1: :lol:

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
And believe me, when Popeye "passes" sumthin...it has historically been worth holdin
your nose about.....:thumbsup:

Wait..Popeye....did that come out right.....?

:yikes1: :lol:
Not bad. Not bad at all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts