National Gun Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this idea in my head to get a custom rifle to go on a hunting trip. Thing is, it's litterally like nothing else I've EVER seen.

I want to get a lever action rifle, modernize it with a clip, switch it over to .308 ammo to give it a longer range and more accuracy than any current lever-action weapon. Give it a bipod and integrated supressor with a good long range scope and lastly, make it rugged and dependable enough that as long as I make sure she's ready at the start of a hunting trip I don't have to worry about her jamming, at all, ever, during the day of hunting.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,933 Posts
Browning already makes that rifle/carbine.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very much thank you, now the question is... is it possible for me as a non-gunsmith to get ahold of JUST the action/receiver and take it to a gunsmith to have him create the entire "Dream Gun" around it or do I have to go directly to a gunsmith for it?

·
54,933 Posts
I want to get a lever action rifle, modernize it with a clip, switch it over to .308 ammo to give it a longer range and more accuracy than any current lever-action weapon. Give it a bipod and integrated supressor with a good long range scope and lastly, make it rugged and dependable enough that as long as I make sure she's ready at the start of a hunting trip I don't have to worry about her jamming, at all, ever, during the day of hunting.
All you need a gunsmith for (depending on your abilities) are the bipod, the supressor and the scope. All of these are readily available as aftermarket items. Go buy the BLR of your choice and have the rest done aftermarket.

·
Banned
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My abilities are... diddly. And would it be cheaper to buy the rifle then have the rest done Aftermarket or just go to a gunsmith and ask him to build it.

·
54,933 Posts
Buy the rifle of your choice and take it to a smith.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts