National Gun Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ben Wallace said the prospect of the US stepping back from its international leadership role under Donald Trump "keeps me awake at night".
It may force the UK to rethink its assumptions about defence, he added.
His comments come as the UK prepares to carry out the "deepest review" of Britain's security, defence and foreign policy since the end of the Cold War.
"I worry if the United States withdraws from its leadership around the world," Mr Wallace told the Sunday Times. "That would be bad for the world and bad for us. We plan for the worst and hope for the best."

Bout time.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-51081861

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
I'm still waiting for all of the WWII allies to repay us..................only Finland did

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
I believe we were fighting for our lives and existence equally to all the others.

Hmmmmmmm ......at this late date, "reparations"?

A woman or man in uniform is an employed citizen. This is good. overall.

·
Registered
190 Posts
It is about time the EU and NATO steps up and adds to the security of the world. We have been carrying them for a long long. Will it happen? Only under Trump.

·
Banned
8,370 Posts
Change NATO to the UN as far as world-wide operations

Reactions: Northtidesix

·
Registered
13,199 Posts
It is about time the EU and NATO steps up and adds to the security of the world. We have been carrying them for a long long. Will it happen? Only under Trump.

When we do act as the worlds police force we get criticized, just wait and see what happens if we stop!

·
Registered
18,611 Posts
The question needs to be, "Who do YOU want to be the world's policeman. Who do YOU want patrolling the high seas? China? Russia? India? Who?"

WHOEVER TAKES ON THE TASK SHOULD BE COMPENSATED BY THOSE IT BENEFITS.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
i have always been a bit of an isolationist.........

i also think that if we get involved, we go full bore.....not some sort of half-way pc crap with limitations.......we will never win the hearts and the minds of the middle east..............if they hate us, do not respect us, then they need to fear us and our wrath.......i am talking Old Testament warfare.....they do not come back in a decade or two....if ever...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts