National Gun Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, my boss just gave me a pistol for Christmas and Im trying to find some info on it. Its an Uberti & Gardone Maverick .357. Its gold plated and engraved. I wish I knew how to upload a pic. Its a very beautiful gun. The gold has worn on the barrels a little and the hammer is messed up to where it will only fire the top barrel. I know it was imported by Intercontinental Arms inc. and thats on the side of the barrel. I Googled the gun but the only models that came up were plain matte black. Nothing ornate like this. My boss said he had it for 20 yrs and doesnt know anything about it. So I was wondering if Uberti sold the gun like this or if someone had it custom made. It looks like a fancy ladys derringer or maybe a card sharks. I dunno. It shoots real straight. Im taking it to the smith Monday for the hammer and Id like to get it replated if I could find someone that does that. Its got a cpl sets of #s on it. Any info would be much appreciated.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
55,361 Posts
Your derringer was imported into the US in the 1960s before the Gun Control Act of 1968 took effect. Few of these derringers were imported and fewer yet still exist. It may have been imported as a fancy derringer, it may have been converted from blued once it got here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts