National Gun Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.breitbart.com/environment/2019/11/29/u-n-summit-to-hear-call-for-rich-nations-to-pay-climate-damage-reparations/

Officials at the United Nations COP25 climate change conference in Madrid next week must consider implementing taxes on developed countries to transfer wealth to nations dealing with “the cost of drought, floods and superstorms made worse by rising temperatures,” more than 150 environmental groups said Friday.

The financial impositions being considered include U.N.-administered taxes on financial transactions, international air travel and fossil fuels.

In an open letter to the president of the COP 25 talks, Chile’s environment minister Carolina Schmidt, the organisations urged agreement on “the creation of a comprehensive financing facility, including debt relief, for developing countries experiencing such disasters.”

The U.N.-sponsored Madrid conference is set to be dominated by discussions on so-called “loss and damage” funding, with a sharp divide between developing nations and richer polluters over how finance should be structured.

Green groups this week claimed the increased pace and intensity of climate disasters, such as the twin cyclones that devastated parts of Mozambique this year, means that funding needs boosting to keep track.

They said the amount needed for loss and damage would top $300 billion annually by 2030.

Matt Perdie
“Without finance to help countries cope with climate-induced loss and damage, the most vulnerable parts of the world will sink deeper into debt and poverty every time they are hit by climate disasters they did not cause,” the letter said, as quoted by AFP.

President Donald Trump officially withdrew the U.S. from the Paris Climate Accord last month as part of an election promise to voters.

As Breitbart News reported, as far back as June, 2017 Trump said he was looking forward to exiting the agreement.

The president spoke then of following through on his commitments to the American people.

“In order to fulfill my solemn duty to protect America and its citizens, the United States will withdraw from the Paris Climate Accord,” Trump declared.

Compliance with the accord could have cost the U.S. “as much as 2.7 million lost jobs by 2025 according to the National Economic Research Associates,” said Trump. “This includes 440,000 fewer manufacturing jobs — not what we need…”

The Paris Climate Accord will form the basis for any future reparations as decided at COP 25. Almost 25,000 people and 1500 journalists will fly in to Madrid from Monday to attend the meeting.
We really need to leave the UN and get the UN out of the US. :popcorn2:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
We are over 24 trillion dollars in debt.
I do not consider us a "rich" country any longer.
Would the banks and credit card companies consider me rich if I had the same debt to equity ratio as the American government?

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
The U.N. was formed upon a false premise and pipe-dream of uniform equality of mankind throughout the world. Today, it is still made up primarily of "losers".

"Climate Change" as a perceived issue is still alive and well with the world's scammers.

·
RELOAD=More PEW PEW
12,369 Posts
Don't worry Turd'O is going to pay for it all

·
Super Moderator
11,175 Posts
As if we don't already give enough money in aid to all of these countries.

--Wag--

·
Registered
682 Posts
We are over 24 trillion dollars in debt.
I do not consider us a "rich" country any longer.
Would the banks and credit card companies consider me rich if I had the same debt to equity ratio as the American government?
And one thing we can do is kick those U.N. moochers out of the US. Rent Turtle Bay out, put it back on a paying basis, in order to help offset our deficit. Send those steak, caviar, and lobster sucking UN delegates somewhere else, and see how warm a reception their back-biting attitudes gets.

One thing's for certain, if we allow the lines in the UN to be drawn as Richer VS Poorer, soon the "richer nations" will be out-voted into paying for everything.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Let's see China, Germany and few others lead the way; we leave the UN and refuse to participate any longer anything they deal with. Let's pull all of our troops out and close those money-making bases that enrich those "allies"
Then we tell all of the foreign bond holders we will no longer honor that multi-trillion dollar debt to central banks

Watch the NWO go nuts.............

·
Registered
682 Posts
Just opinion, but here's the problem with the UN. You take your average Third World Citizen, and make him a "U.N. Delegate" or "U.N. Ambassador", put him up in a swank N.Y. penthouse, clothe him to the nines, feed him better than 99.9% of the U.S population. Now, how many of these guys are going to be interested in solving any of the world's problems? They are going to try to keep things in the world as effed up as they possibly can, so they can STAY in that N.Y.C. penthouse, with the luxury bed, satin sheets, gourmet food, maid service, all paid for, by us mooks, the U.S. taxpayers. Do you really think any of those poor bastards wants to solve any world issues, and face the prospect of EVER returning to the crap-hole they came from ? Their first concern is spending THE REST OF THEIR LIVES, right where they are, living life high on the hawg, ON OUR DIME.

The REAL problem is WE CREATED this monster, when we first so generously hosted the U.N. to NYC.

Now, if you cram those same delegates in some third world hell-hole, fed them cold gator guts and aloe rinds, they would solve a lot of problems REAL QUICK, so they could get out of there, and go home. But as it sits right now, you couldn't get five of those "delegates" to agree on the color of an ORANGE.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
We hosted the UN in the US to ensure we had some control over it against Russia and China

·
Registered
4,334 Posts
We hosted the UN in the US to ensure we had some control over it against Russia and China
I agreed that was the initial intention, but, we were not suspenseful in doing so, the UN is a lefty organization that is willing to back stab the USA at the minor provocation. Basically we have lost any little control we had with the UN, so, why keeping them here? A very good question.

Reactions: Fitasc Shooter

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I'm so sick of the U.S having to pay for the world. it's especially worse when we give countries that hate us money or countries that have money but refuse to spend it properly. We are trillions in debt and it's well past time to start taking care of us instead of everyone else. With that said i think there are some countries that do need help or very good allies that need some support but the amount of money we just piss away is ridiculous.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I don't believe the UN was ever a "Taxing authority" so whatever they decide to do would be in the form a treaty which 3/4 of the Senate would have to ratify. Don't really see that happening so it's all talk.

·
Registered
8,185 Posts
Yeah, how's that working out for ya?

One must opine that R&C's never trying to host the U.N. themselves was well-played.

They were not as powerful as we were when the UN was started as the extension of the League of Nations. Personally, let it be in The Hague or Geneva

1 - 15 of 15 Posts