National Gun Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 more from my father's collection. Thanks for your expertise!

1) Chinese? Japanese?
IMG_20200522_121118372.jpg
IMG_20200522_121123935.jpg
IMG_20200522_121127698.jpg

And 2)
IMG_20200522_121200551.jpg
IMG_20200522_121204786.jpg
IMG_20200522_121208561.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
Are you being serious? I think you’re just having fun with us. On first one, if you showed us the top of the receiver I’m sure we’d see a mum crest or one that’s been ground off. The second one has all of the info you could need on the barrel. Get real.

·
Registered
513 Posts
The only question for the Arisaka is which iteration, 6.5mm or 7.5 mm and we need pics of the top.

As per Stamps post above, there will be clear information about the Remington on the barrel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you being serious? I think you’re just having fun with us. On first one, if you showed us the top of the receiver I’m sure we’d see a mum crest or one that’s been ground off. The second one has all of the info you could need on the barrel. Get real.
I am being serious. Not sure why you would ask that. I only have these pictures, I don't have the rifles so cannot look closely at the barrels. I said that in my first posting. I don't know anything about gun types. That's why I came so I could get input from people who do. Anyone else have something helpful for me?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I am being serious. Not sure why you would ask that. I only have these pictures, I don't have the rifles so cannot look closely at the barrels. I said that in my first posting. I don't know anything about gun types. That's why I came so I could get input from people who do. Anyone else have something helpful for me?
given the pictures that you have posted, we have told you that one is an Arisaka, and from its condition, a late Type 99, possibly of the last ditch variety.

The other is likely a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. You can't send a couple of pictures, expect conclusive responses and then be rude when you don't get what you want. Well, I suppose you can. But only once.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
given the pictures that you have posted, we have told you that one is an Arisaka, and from its condition, a late Type 99, possibly of the last ditch variety.

The other is likely a Remington Ultimate Muzzleloader. You can't send a couple of pictures, expect conclusive responses and then be rude when you don't get what you want. Well, I suppose you can. But only once.
That's fine. I only felt like I was responding in kind to Stamps6. You did tell me it was an Arisaka and an Remington. Stamps6 did not and he was the first to respond. Not my intent to be rude, but why wouldn't someone assume the best rather than telling me to "get real. Anyway, thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
5,355 Posts
We get a lot of trolls here. These aren’t difficult rifles to ID and it seemed to me that anyone could look at one of these for 30 seconds and make the ID.

·
Registered
988 Posts
That Remington muzzle loader is a 700 ML or MLS, it's not an Ultimate Muzzle Loader because it doesn't have the storage area that replaces the magazine floor plate on the bottom. Also, the scoped Ultimate model doesn't have sights and the model with sights uses a rear peep.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts