National Gun Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tucker Carlson went live last night after a weekend of violent rioting and looting across many of America’s major cities. He took no prisoners in what was easily the most important monologue of his career. It’s a moment in media history that will still be talked about a decade from now. That’s how powerful it was, whether you agree with every conclusion or not.

Over the course of 30 minutes, Carlson laid out the case that our leaders have failed to protect us in this time of chaos. He played the clips of men and women being beaten, the videos of buildings burning, and the recordings of mobs stealing. He showed the complete lack of respect for human life and property. He named names of those enabling it and let no one off the hook. He laid out the core issues tearing the country apart and the nonsensical responses to them.
While I rarely expect people to watch clips I post all the way through, this is one you should really make time for.

You can find the full transcript via The Federalist.
While Carlson has long separated himself as a step above the other prime time hosts, both on his network and others, this cemented his status as an independent thinker not afraid to speak out. The abandonment of these cities by local officials? He nails them. Governors who pander to the violence? He nails them to. Yes, he even goes after President Trump.
The first requirement of leadership is that you watch over the people in your care. That’s what soldiers want from their officers. It’s what families need from their fathers. It’s what voters demand from their presidents.
People will put up with almost anything if you do that. You can regularly say embarrassing things on television. You can hire Omarosa to work at the White House. All of that will be forgiven if you protect your people.
But if you do not protect them — or worse than that, if you seem like you can’t be bothered to protect them — then you’re done. It’s over. People will not forgive weakness. That’s the one thing, by the way, that is not a partisan point. It is human nature.
Carlson notes that Trump finally promised action last night, but that doesn’t mean his critique and frustrations that it took this long aren’t correct. The President can follow through now or he can’t claim to be the law and order candidate, something I wrote about last night. There are lines that most of his even his most ardent supporters have drawn in the sand. Letting anarchy go unpunished is one of them.
President Donald Trump: If a city or state refuses to take the actions that are necessary to defend the life and property of their residents, then I will deploy the United States military and quickly solve the problem for them.
Good for him.
Immediately after that address, the president walked over to St. John’s, which, we just told you, was burning fewer than 24 hours ago, and that provided a powerful symbolic gesture. It was a declaration that this country — our national symbols, our oldest institutions — will not be desecrated and defeated by nihilistic destruction. We fervently hope this all works.
Carlson also goes after many feckless GOP politicians, who instead of denouncing the rioting forcibly, chose to instead tacitly encourage it and deliver typical boilerplate platitudes. Further, he absolutely eviscerated Jared Kushner.
Jared Kushner, for one, has made that point out loud. No one has more contempt for Donald Trump’s voters than Jared Kushner does, and no one expresses it more frequently.
In 2016, Donald Trump ran as a law and order candidate because he meant it, and his views remain fundamentally unchanged today. But the president’s famously sharp instincts, the ones that won him the presidency almost four years ago, have been since subverted at every level by Jared Kushner. This is true on immigration, on foreign policy, and especially on law enforcement.
As crime in this country continues to rise, Jared Kushner has led a highly aggressive effort to let more criminals out of prison and back on to the streets. This is reckless. At this moment in time, it is insane. It continues to happen.
This goes on for half an hour, and there’s little I find objectionable in his words. Perhaps his attack on Nikki Haley was a bit tortured (I don’t think she was trying to say what he interpreted from her comment), but given all that’s happening and all he said, I struggle to focus on that.

Carlson ended by noting the subjugation and division being spread in some of these protests. There’s a lot more in there and I’ll let the video speak for itself. Seriously, take the time to watch it. You may not agree with all of it, nor should there be any expectation we will all think exactly alike, but it’s one of those things that’s worth your time.

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Do you have a link to the video?

·
"You talkin to me?"
4,224 Posts
watched it live

·
Registered
38 Posts
<<He showed the complete lack of respect for human life and property.>> You're right. The riots have shown a lack of respect for human life and property, however, the protests have not.

You have to admit, blacks and Latinos have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to equal justice under the law. I remember the photos of white guys with ARs jumping off of pickup trucks and going into government buildings in Harrisburg. Do you think blacks or Latinos would have gotten 10 feet with the same weapons before getting shot down? Citizens of our country are understandably tired of being treated as guilty until proven innocent by virtue of the color of their skin. We are better than that. We can do better than that. A cop that cannot enforce the law fairly should quit or be fired.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
<<He showed the complete lack of respect for human life and property.>> You're right. The riots have shown a lack of respect for human life and property, however, the protests have not.

You have to admit, blacks and Latinos have gotten the short end of the stick when it comes to equal justice under the law. I remember the photos of white guys with ARs jumping off of pickup trucks and going into government buildings in Harrisburg. Do you think blacks or Latinos would have gotten 10 feet with the same weapons before getting shot down? Citizens of our country are understandably tired of being treated as guilty until proven innocent by virtue of the color of their skin. We are better than that. We can do better than that. A cop that cannot enforce the law fairly should quit or be fired.
Blacks and Latinos have gotten the short end of the stick? They have brought it upon themselves. They are overwhelmingly responsible for crimes. They don’t get arrested more because of their skin color but more because of the way they choose to prey on society. When you play stupid games you win stupid prizes. Did George Floyd deserve to die? No. Did the cop do the wrong thing. Absolutely. I don’t know of any other race of people that would destroy their own city and stores and take to looting. I honestly believe that this wouldn’t happen if whites were protesting. They are criminals and thieves looking for any excuse to profit or get something for free. I’m sick of watching and discussing this garbage that’s going on. This could be ended very quickly but no very politically correct. I’m not saying to attack them. Corral them in the very streets they want to protest in. Send troops to every escape outlet and shut them off till morning. Then move in and arrest every single person on every charge that can be leveled from curfew violation to enticing a riot and looting.

you want to bring it to the suburbs? Go ahead, Make my day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I assume then, you would have no problem enforcing the law against whites with the same severity and in the same manner in which it is enforced against blacks and Latinos. We should be doing the same thing with white supremacist protesters. A crime is a crime. Right?

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
That’s correct. The law is the law. However, the reason that they get into problems with the police is that they run afoul of the law because of the attitude and learned behavior of the society they are in. Life for them has less value and the rights of others, especially those whom they feel are against them, even less value.
if you watch a show like “PD Live” you’ll see how even with several cops on them, they will lie and struggle to get away, all the time saying that they aren’t. Most people I encounter in my life aren’t anything like this.

·
Registered
38 Posts
It's truly a vicious cycle. If a population tends to run afoul of the law, the law tends to treat them like criminals - even when the individual is not committing any crime. But if you treat someone like a criminal, isn't it more likely that their lack of hope and opportunities will lead him to become one? That's the problem with the "more blacks are criminals than whites" argument. There is a multi-century history of them literally having a knee/boot on their necks. How long could any of us endure such treatment without striking back, even unproductively?

Many of us here study history, so we understand how an action or a group of actions lead to a result. This country has a long history of abusing people due to the color of their skin. We are just not as overt about it as we used to be. Most of us refuse to admit that we, as a people, have done wrong to people who don't have white skin. We have prejudged people. We have been unkind. We have been dismissive. We have denied them opportunities. We have crossed the street when a couple of black teenagers are walking towards us on the sidewalk. Personally, I'd be terrified to be a law-abiding black parent with black teenage children who may interact with cops. Law enforcement walks around with both the authority and the tools to turn personal prejudice into tragedy. While this doesn't describe the majority of law enforcement officers, I bet every cop knows at least one or two officers who fit that description. The first step towards changing our society for the better is admitting that a problem exists. The second is to ensure that the men and women - judges, cops, soldiers and presidents - we invest with great power are those with their prejudice completely under control.

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I sincerely try to give everyone a clean slate with no prejudgment of who or what they are. I do judge people by their work ethic. If you do your job and Put in the effort you’re good with me. I’m a home builder. If I see a guy come on my job wearing sweatpants, he’s no good. If you can’t even put on real pants in the morning then I don’t need you on my job. If I meet you in a store or on the street and you’re polite and respectful to those around you, then we’re good. I don’t care about color, race, sexual orientation or religion. If you are a immigrant and you want to assimilate into the American culture then I welcome you because you’re probably so happy to be in this country that you’re a better American than some that were born here.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Time to start circling the wagons! These are not protestors, they are communist goons and useful idiots. I do believe it has started.

It's truly a vicious cycle. If a population tends to run afoul of the law, the law tends to treat them like criminals - even when the individual is not committing any crime. But if you treat someone like a criminal, isn't it more likely that their lack of hope and opportunities will lead him to become one? That's the problem with the "more blacks are criminals than whites" argument. There is a multi-century history of them literally having a knee/boot on their necks. How long could any of us endure
I must respectfully disagree with you. The blacks are being used by the left to create violence and discourse. They are the "Useful Idiots" of the demonCraps communist leaders. And the republicans are not much better. They have ALL moved to the left. This is the New World Order. Does anyone really believe that this is because of one black man dying at the hands of a racist cop?

I learned a long time ago that there is a world of difference between a black man and a ******. To lump them all together is ludicrous. There were just as many BLACK slave owners as there were white slave owners, owning just as many slaves. A prime example is Mad Max Maxine. She does nothing but sow the seeds of racial hatred against whites. She is the modern day black slave owner. Only she pays for her slaves with government money.

The good cops can't speak out. If they do they are fired from there jobs in an effort to silence any others. Ever see the movie "Serpico?" The dirty cops will not help the good cops, they will leave them on their own in a bad situation.

I have never seen an entire "population" run afoul of the law. This is not the entire population rioting. This is a few people being used by the left just to get things rolling. Most all of the ANTIFA I have seen are WHITE. SOROS is funding all of this beyond any doubt. Last I checked he's still a white dude.

As to you statement that ""more blacks are criminals than whites" argument is false, watch this video and tell me if you still believe that or please show me where he's wrong..

·
Registered
38 Posts
You've been watching too many movies and reading too many white nationalist websites. The "George Soros" is the devil thing...again. What's next: the Jews own the federal reserve?

Please.

·
Live Free
2,749 Posts
You've been watching too many movies and reading too many white nationalist websites. The "George Soros" is the devil thing...again. What's next: the Jews own the federal reserve?

Please.
It seems to me that Racist Infidel gave you respect as he disagreed; and in response you offer mocking. I do not necessarily agree with everything he said either, but if I am going to voice my disagreement I am going to try and show him the same respect he has shown. By mocking you shut down conversation as you seemingly cast aside his comments as nonsense. If you disagree, why don’t you make your point instead of mocking his?

A lot of the reason there is unrest in our country is because people will not converse with one another. Instead of talking to someone we shout or talk at them or mock them instead of actually conversing. When communication is shut down in this manner it opens the door for antagonists to stir up more unrest. A major reason our government is so dysfunctional is they do the same thing! We need to talk to one another and listen to one another, otherwise the cycles of destruction will continue and worsen.

Not wanting to derail this thread; I think Tucker Carlson showed the courage to carefully articulate some truth.

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts
I assume then, you would have no problem enforcing the law against whites with the same severity and in the same manner in which it is enforced against blacks and Latinos. We should be doing the same thing with white supremacist protesters. A crime is a crime. Right?
What goes unreported goes unnoticed; and we know the news media is fair, right?

Yes, I support equal prosecution for equal crime. I also beleive we need to start with the democratic party, you know, the ones who cry out "no one is above the law".

·
Registered
18,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
"What goes "unreported" goes "unnoticed"; and we know the news media is fair, right?"

Zig ol' sport, you just perfectly described the eight (8) years of Obama's presidency!

·
Registered
110 Posts
when was the last time you saw a white supremist riot,loot, and burn down their own neighborhood.
these people on the street today aren't protesting georges killing,they are just out there because because they want the government to solve all there problems for them.

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
I am hearing reports, I do not know if they are true, that, at least here in South Florida, most of the rioters DO NOT reside in the area, they are from other cities and states.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts