National Gun Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the range today and well out of all the guns I tested (9MM) I liked the XD the best over the glock which I was surprised I also liked the M&P. The only thing I was not able to try out a P226 and Ive heard great things about them. How would a P226 compare to that of an XD? Im leaning towards the P226 MK25. Would P226 would you recommend?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I wouldn't buy one without trying it out. That being said, having shot both, I would rather have the 226. But I always recommend that a shooter get what fits THEM the best.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Exactly what Cmonster said, buy what you like. I personally hate Sigs but love M&P's, a lot of my buddies are die hard Sig P series fans though so shoot it and see which you like more. Every gun you mentioned is name brand and reliable, all personal preference after you cross that path.

·
The 500 S&W stare...
10,304 Posts
As everyone else said, all those guns are good ones. It is going to be preference. I would probably lean towards the Sig but that doesn't mean the others are any less suitable.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
I'd say if you want the gun for personal defense, go with a glock 19. Of all the guns mentioned I think its the best choice. The Sig 226 is a close second.

·
Registered
9,128 Posts
I would definitely at least hold the gun and pull the trigger. The Sig is a different action than the XD or MP's. They are double action only guns where the SIg is double action/single action. There is more of a difference than just the fit there.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
53,706 Posts
You are on the right track by personally testing firearms that interest you before purchase. Continue doing this.

·
Registered
126 Posts
For self-defense I like my CZ 2075 RAMI .40 cal in the alloy. It's a little heavy but due to its weight it absorbs the recoil allowing me to shoot it a lot without hand and wrist soreness. I also have a Glock 23 in .40 cal that I carry and shoot a lot as well

·
Registered
331 Posts
whats its main purpose? home defense ,concealed carry, target. all purpose?
I like bigger caliber higher cap at home and in winter CCW 40,45s, concealed carry warmer 9mm mak,380's, 9 mm, or 38/357 mag revolvers, target revolvers as I shoot in woods and loose brass from pistols,never lose brass in revolvers easy reloads. All purpose is what ever I happen to have on me pistols or revolvers with a second back of same gun and ammo. New York reloads with plenty of spare ammo/mags .extreme warm weather my 22 mini mags, or 22, 32 beretta's
Pair of pistols or revolvers works great on the body,or keeping the backup very near by, as a secondary go to gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd say if you want the gun for personal defense, go with a glock 19. Of all the guns mentioned I think its the best choice. The Sig 226 is a close second.
Really depends on how big you are. The M&P 9 Shield is pretty nice and comes stock with a good trigger. I'm not a big fan of how blocky glocks are. They just don't fit right in my hand.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts