Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Palmetto state armory is doing a deal on a PSA 16" MIDLENGTH MOE FREEDOM RIFLE & SPRINGFIELD XDS 9MM PISTOL W/ EXTRA GEAR PACKAGe.

Yes, I copied and pasted that lol. Its a $799 package and may buddy wants the springfield so he is willing to go halvies with me, so that would make it only $400 for that assault rifle that usually runs $699. I know this might sound dumb but I just want to make sure I am getting a reputable gun. This is my first carbine and I was just hoping for some advice? It seems like I am getting the better end of the deal. Please give me some feedback! Much appreciated. If it works, I put the link/url in this post!
PSA 16" Midlength MOE Freedom Rifle & Springfield XDS 9mm Pistol w/ Extra Gear Package

·
Registered
6,403 Posts
If the rifle is fully assembled and not a kit, and if it is NIB or in excellent condition, it's an OK deal. Prices for AR platforms are dropping precipitously, I would check current auctions on Gunbroker, etc. just to be sure.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
The carbine (its NOT an 'assault rifle) for $400.00? That's not a bad deal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yessir. I am sorry, I am a newbie. I just got into guns here recently and purchased a S&W Shield as my EDC. I am in the market for a "carbine" and I just needed some opinions. I looked up some prices and from what I can tell its a pretty good deal? $400 for that gun that I posted. I don't want to pass it up because who knows if I will ever get another deal like this.

·
5,082 Posts
I see rifle from a retailer at $523.00 free shipping. Pistol seen nib for $399.
As said, rifles are down. Depending on "goodies" extra, you may save couple bucks. Why not wait till rifle down to about $250. before you ..pull the trigger on deal ? Yeah, I would hold off. If you have extra cash anyway, get a better rifle.

·
Ancient Gaseous Emanation
54,413 Posts
If you just gotta have an EBR (Evil Black Rifle) right now, go for it. If not, shop around. Prices are falling dramatically for this type of firearm.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You saw the same rifle from a different or the same retailer at 523 your saying? The rifle has some magpull accesories on it, so im assuming that makes it more valuable. Wait till its down to $250 in total? or $250 off? The AR sells for $699 regularly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any more advice you can give me? Any brands I should really look into? Is the PSA brand not that good? I wasn't really wanting to spend a lot but if the quality is dramatically better, I would pull the trigger.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally own the 16" freedom mid-length with keymod handguard from psa. It was a kit gun and I have not had one single problem with it. It eats steel case and brass ammo and if u get good ammo it will run sub moa. Cheap blaster stuff is 1.5-2 moa or worse. The barrels are made by dc machine in Charleston sc. And are very good quality. Buy the rifle!! 400$ for a new assembled ar is a steal! Alot of gun snobs say their crap but there's no proof to that whatsoever! Idon't regret mine one bit and neither will you.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts