1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
20,902 Posts
Are you going to attend???

·
Registered
18,219 Posts
Try living in or around L.A. when "The O'Bama" made his monthly fly-in to raid more cash from the celebrities and other idiotic DEMOCRATS. That S.O.B. brought misery to millions with gridlock. Oh well. They voted for the bastid.

As for your plight, I wasn't aware New Mexico had that much traffic to begin with. Stock up on "whatever" early.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I used to work in a building directly on the side of the runway at Point Mugu NAS when Reagan was president. He always landed there when going to Santa Barbara. It was a a real pain at work on those days and even more so if you got caught up in the motorcade routes getting to or from the base. But with Reagan, my natural reaction was a salute (even though it was 10 years after I got out of the Navy), and not the one-fingered type. It was an honor to surrender a bit of convenience or time to President Reagan.

Unlike the dozens of flights grounded in LA while Clinton waited for a haircut.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I used to work in a building directly on the side of the runway at Point Mugu NAS when Reagan was president. He always landed there when going to Santa Barbara. It was a a real pain at work on those days and even more so if you got caught up in the motorcade routes getting to or from the base. But with Reagan, my natural reaction was a salute (even though it was 10 years after I got out of the Navy), and not the one-fingered type. It was an honor to surrender a bit of convenience or time to President Reagan.

Unlike the dozens of flights grounded in LA while Clinton waited for a haircut.
+1

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you going to attend???
No way. I do enough peopleing during the week as it is.

As for your plight, I wasn't aware New Mexico had that much traffic to begin with. Stock up on "whatever" early.
We don't, normally. But this event will try to cram 25,000 people into a space made for 8,000 and there are only two roads into the venue.

--Wag--

1 - 6 of 6 Posts