National Gun Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,071 Posts
Yeah! How dare Trump say people should have a right to say anything against antifa and what they say! Freedom of speech is such tyranny!!
And how dare Trump think anyone should work and try to end unemployment and force people have a better life.

Yeah,,,,that's all sarcasm. Your true colors come out. You are an antifa sympathizer or member trying to put the blame on Trump.
Logo in German?
Bad grammar?
Can't have an opinion that disagrees with antifa.....

Who are the tyrants and facists?
It ain't TRUMP.
SMDarnH

Wag!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Using my name in vain, eh? LOL

--Wag--

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Antifa operates under a twisted definition of fascism, labeling mainstream conservatives fascists and lumping them in with white-supremacists and neo-Nazis.

Except in the fantasies of Antifa and radical hate groups like the Southern Poverty Law Center, it is fair to say that true fascists are hard to find in the U.S. today.

Nevertheless, Antifa supporters are talented at finding fascists where they don’t exist.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Why, pray tell, cannot the Chief Executive of the United States declare a terrorist organization "a terrorist organization" ? Please provide a law or a clause of the Constitution that precludes him from doing so. I'll wait.

·
Registered
38 Posts
WAY too many folks here watching outlets like Fox News and Newsmax - at best. I don't find many folks here citing unbiased sources such as news services like UPI or AP.

We have a HUGE problem these days with media bias. This problem isn't limited to far-right "news" sources. It's a universal issue. Democracy cannot survive if citizens do not have objective sources of information. We are human; as long as biased information sources are available we will tend to gravitate towards the sources that support our worldview, right?

When I was a kid (yes, I'm a boomer), the news was the same on ABC, NBC and CBS. The anchors were different, but they all operated from the same set of facts. We really need to get back to this sort of information delivery standards. Unfortunately, we will all have to stop using biased "news" sources for long enough that they no longer make a profit from bending the truth or lying to us outright.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Your premise is incorrect. UPI and AP are far from unbiased. They are part and parcel of the establishment media and, as such, operate as part of "the resistance ". At this point, they effectively function as Dem PACs.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I disagree. As news "wholesalers" they must sell their reporting to everyone. To be overtly biased would simply be a bad business model.

But OK. You're entitled to your viewpoint. What do you consider to be the most unbiased, fact-based news sources? I'm happy to check them out.

·
Jesus Saves
7,688 Posts
I disagree. As news "wholesalers" they must sell their reporting to everyone. To be overtly biased would simply be a bad business model.

But OK. You're entitled to your viewpoint. What do you consider to be the most unbiased, fact-based news sources? I'm happy to check them out.
IMO, 98% of them lie. The news I may accept are some podcasters, such as Levine, Shapiro and the likes.

God Bless America! Trump 2020!

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
Hmmm.

Reuters was previously owned by the Rothschild banking family. They sold Reuters to the Thompson family in 2008. The new company is called Thompson-Reuters. Â The Thompson family owns a majority of shares at 53%.

The Associated Press is a not for profit company owned by its members.
The Associated Press is governed by an elected board of directors.
Since January 26, 2012, the Chairman is Mary Junck, President, CEO and Chairman of Lee Enterprises.

5/13/11

·
Grand Imperial Poobah
21,492 Posts
Is this from Onion or the Babylon Bee? Truth to tell, trying to sort real news, fake news , and yardy-harr-harr BS is becoming a major headache.
It's got to the point where the Onion and Babylon Bee are more creditable news sources than the main stream media.

Reactions: LRDGCO and Kobs

·
Registered
513 Posts

To be honest, I don't think we have any straight news, fact based reporting left in this country. And even overseas sources have a bias. The only way to get actual news is to critically view multiple sources and do your best to discount their biases.

As to AP UPI neutrality, are you familiar with AP style guidance? It is effectively editorial content guidance. I am making this one up to exaggerate, but you should look into it. This is in keeping with AP style guidance: "Participants in recent protests that have turned violent should nevertheless be referred to as "protestors" and terms like "rioters" or "looters" should only be applied to named individuals who have been charged with such crimes". So, if you think AP issues style guidance that is neutral or purely fact based, you would be mistaken.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
WAY too many folks here watching outlets like Fox News and Newsmax - at best. I don't find many folks here citing unbiased sources such as news services like UPI or AP.
One does not need to watch the news to know about antifa. All one has to do is visit youtube and watch the multitude of videos posted by regular people on the street to see they use fascist tactics to quell free speech and any idea they disagree with. They use violence to get their political points across. Sounds like a terrorist group to me. BTW other groups that are labeled domestic terrorist groups include militia groups who don't go into streets and beat people or use violence of any kind. Many motor cycle clubs are also listed as domestic terrorists as well.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Again, we suffer from poor "news" sources as multiple posters here have lamented. Are we really to the point of seeing youtube as real news? Who are these "regular people?" How do we know that what they are capturing isn't staged or if they are getting only a part of an event?

I used to give a talk called "How to make anyone look like a criminal." The basis of this talk was that by simply taking "snapshots" of an event or a life and presenting those bits and pieces to a jury in a particular way, anyone can be made to look guilty. Our multi-media world makes that even easier today. We are suffering from misinformation and incomplete information as much as we are suffering from Covid-19. Americans who want to do the right things hunger for accurate information. I believe that the huge majority of us believe in fairness and justice and want to do the right things for ourselves, our families and our countries. Not having the pure facts is SO frustrating. When I get a bit of news, I go to Media Bias/Fact Check - Search and Learn the Bias of News Media to check the sources. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good at pointing out bias. Even then, it's worth checking out more than one source of news before you put complete faith in what you believe.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Yes you're right. Antifa is just a fun loving group of kids running around giving everyone with different views butterfly kisses and hugs.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts